SMITZ

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2012
Hi, I just yesterday built my first machine with a buddy of mine. Everything is going well, the computer booted up, I

installed windows and some drivers, but I noticed something when I was in my ASUS P8Z77-V BIOS. I bought 2 packs of

8gb (2x4) 1600mhz RAM, and filled all the RAM slots in my Mobo. When I checked what clock speed they were running at

1333 mhz! My question is:

1) Would someone be able to give me an easy walk-through type tutorial to attempt to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Oh! One more question!

2) I am currently using a Cooler Master HAF XM case, and I also noticed in the BIOS that my case fans were running at half the speed (400rpm) they should be (800rpm) ?

g-unit1111

Titan
1) Would someone be able to give me an easy walk-through type tutorial to attempt to fix this problem?

That's not really a problem to begin with. By default your motherboard runs the RAM at the lowest speeds and timings that it can handle, and that's due to the design of Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge having the RAM controller on the CPU itself. Before the RAM controller was part of the motherboard's north bridge and you could manipulate the RAM settings a lot easier. Intel has made it slightly more difficult to do that this time around. You can run your RAM at stock speeds with a few tweaks in the BIOS but if you go over that or start messing with the voltage that can lead to serious system instability issues.

Look in your bios for something called xmp profile and enable it. I have the same ram and the same thing happened to me. Once you do that download cpuz and check for a dram frequency of 800mhz (ddram=dram*2).

SMITZ

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2012
I am in need of some help. I tried what you said, I changed it to XMP. I also switched

TV's with another one, as I have not yet got my Monitor yet.. And I it said my System

would not boot. I tried switching to another TV, it said the same. I tried changing back

from XMP to Auto. And it did not work. PLS HELP D:

SMITZ

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2012
It said that "if you have recently attached a device (such as a camera, or a music player), remove it and restart your computer. If you continue to see this message, contact your system administrator or computer Manufacturer for assistance."

g-unit1111

Titan

Try going into the BIOS and loading defaults, this is why I don't recommend messing with RAM settings. Even just turning it to auto.