Crackling noise with every speaker I connect to computer

Hello,

I've looked to answers for my questions on here and they don't quite relate to my situation. I have a laptop that has an internal sound card. Using just the laptop, I have crackling noise on the speakers. Then when I connect my HT system through my USB external sound card, I get the same crackling noises.

Is there anyone that can tell me what might be the issue? The only significant event with the PC recently was I used a charger that wasn't mine for a little bit. It had no sound issues after that and it has been over 2 weeks since I did that. Other than that, no major software installs or anything.
2 answers Last reply
More about crackling noise speaker connect computer
  1. Is your laptop really old? Some of the internal components could have died or are aged(or possibly injured from drops)
  2. No, it is pretty knew. I looked through the problem for weeks and it was a problem within a game. Odd thing is it was happening with any sound from the computer such as youtube videos and songs as well. I changed an option in the game and it fixed the issue for the most part. Thanks for the answer though.
Ask a new question

Read More

Connection Computers Speakers Sound Cards Components