Hidden taskbar containing games

How do I create a hidden taskbar containing my games that appears vertically
on the right side of my desktop when I point to it?

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 16:26:04 -0700, bellaservices wrote:

> How do I create a hidden taskbar containing my games that appears vertically
> on the right side of my desktop when I point to it?

Create a folder named Games. Drop shortcuts for your games into it. Then
right click the taskbar and select Toolbars> New Toolbar... Use the window
that appears to select your prepared folder.

The toolbar will appear on the taskbar initially. If the taskbar is locked,
unlock it (right click and click to remove check by "Lock the taskbar").
With the taskbar unlocked the boundaries for the games toolbar will become
visible. Position the mouse cursor over one of the boundaries. When the
double arrow appears, click and hold the mouse button to "grab" the
toolbar. Drag the toolbar and drop it very close to the monitor screen's
edge.

If it doesn't turn into a long band on the first try - it will show up as a
3D window. Click and hold on the title bar to grab this window. Try again
to drop it on the screen edge. Eventually, it will comply and you'll have a
taskbar-like toolbar.

Next you'll need to configure the toolbar to your liking. Right click
within it. You'll see choices for text labels/no text labels, small or
large icons, "always on top" and for autohide. At the very least, you will
be selecting the autohide option so that the toolbar will be hidden when
it's not being used. Once all those things are setup, you can "grab" the
edge of the toolbar with the mouse and adjust its width to your liking.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User