Sign in with
Your question

Different Fans on Hyper 212 EVO

Last response: in Components
January 27, 2013 8:16:45 PM

Hi all, I'm curious to know that if by using a fan aimed at low noise levels on my Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, like Fractal Design Silent Series fans, will the noise level be noticeably lower and will it have a negative effect on my temps? I'm using a Fractal Design Define R4 and I'm a bit disappointed because using the EVO's stock fan, even at 55%, it's still quite noticeable :/ 

Thanks in advance guys :) 

More about : fans hyper 212 evo

January 27, 2013 9:36:31 PM

Are you sure its the evo's fan? I've always found them to be on the quiet side.
You can replace them if you want but if you use lower cfm fans then cooling might be affected under higher loads.For example those silent series 120's only flow 38cfm of air at max speed compared to the 83 of the Evo's.
January 27, 2013 10:01:57 PM

I'm fairly certain.... It could be my PSU fan, being an unbranded PSU (soon to be replaced) but the noise does seem to be coming from the mid-top area of the case. You make a good point with the air flow though, I think I'll replace the two extra fans on the case that aren't silent series fans and buy a new PSU before I start messing around with the heat sink fan, just to be sure.
Thanks for the reply, I wouldn't have really thought about the difference in the fans airflow otherwise :) 
Related resources
January 27, 2013 10:06:57 PM

When you are trying to push air through an obstruction, such as a heat sink or radiator, cfm is not the only concern.

You also need to get a fan with high static pressure.

January 28, 2013 12:28:29 AM

So, looking at the Fractal fans again because the page is already in front of me, at normal speed its max pressure is 1.07 mmH2o. I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right thing or not but assuming I am would that be sufficient or would a higher max pressure be better?
January 28, 2013 1:33:05 AM

lukegamer_07 said:
So, looking at the Fractal fans again because the page is already in front of me, at normal speed its max pressure is 1.07 mmH2o. I'm not sure if I'm looking at the right thing or not but assuming I am would that be sufficient or would a higher max pressure be better?

The stock fan comes in at 2.7mm H2o

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/cm_hyper212_evo...
July 16, 2013 9:35:31 AM

I am going to piggy back on this post, in the interest of not creating forum clutter. :) 

I am building a mATX setup with a z87 gryphon mobo, 4 sticks of corsair vengeance (with the heatsinks that stick up on top) and the Hyper 212 PLUS (not evo). I received all of the components listed here for a great price from a friend who takes care of their stuff, so it was a very smart move for someone like me who is trying to save on cost with my new system build.

When staging how it will work when built, the Hyper 212 plus looks like it's fan will definitely be touching/impeding on the heatsinks of the first stick of vengeance ram when the fan is at the location to push (i have yet to build, still planning here).

I do not want vibration or the hyper 212 plus to be off center on my processor.... so..... what im asking is, are there sufficient 120mm fans on the market that are compatible with using on the 212 plus but are THINNER than the stock 25mm, so that i can leave it at the "push" function?

Or should i just move the fan (currently on the side of the ram, set to push air in) on the other side of the cooler and "pull" towards the exhaust 120mm on the back of the case?

Which is a better decision here? i am not overclocking anything on my computer. however, im using a mATX case and the airflow is important.

Thanks for the time everyone.
!