System tray icons suffering "after-the-party" effects.

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

I've been fooling around with my desktop (bad mistake). I did
finally manage to get my desktop icons back to normal (through information
provided on a "icon" search of this newsgroup ), but I'm afraid my system
tray icons have lost their resolution and I can't seem to find the way to
return them to the default mode. At the moment they are fuzzy and barely
identifiable.

I'm now somewhat familiar with the
desktop/properties/appearance/advanced window (that's where I've been
playing) but I can't seem to find the way to adjust these recalcitrant little
system tray icons. (I just found out what they were called from other icon
problem posts. This is a great place!)

Is there someone who can help me out?

Don wrote:
> I've been fooling around with my desktop (bad mistake). I did
> finally manage to get my desktop icons back to normal (through
> information provided on a "icon" search of this newsgroup ), but I'm
> afraid my system tray icons have lost their resolution and I can't
> seem to find the way to return them to the default mode. At the
> moment they are fuzzy and barely identifiable.
>
> I'm now somewhat familiar with the
> desktop/properties/appearance/advanced window (that's where I've been
> playing) but I can't seem to find the way to adjust these
> recalcitrant little system tray icons. (I just found out what they
> were called from other icon problem posts. This is a great place!)
>
> Is there someone who can help me out?

In the Advanced dialog, the Caption Buttons selection in the Items drop down
menu control the size of the Notification Area (System Tray) icons.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

Thanks for the help. Problem solved.
--
Thanks, Don

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Don wrote:
> > I've been fooling around with my desktop (bad mistake). I did
> > finally manage to get my desktop icons back to normal (through
> > information provided on a "icon" search of this newsgroup ), but I'm
> > afraid my system tray icons have lost their resolution and I can't
> > seem to find the way to return them to the default mode. At the
> > moment they are fuzzy and barely identifiable.
> >
> > I'm now somewhat familiar with the
> > desktop/properties/appearance/advanced window (that's where I've been
> > playing) but I can't seem to find the way to adjust these
> > recalcitrant little system tray icons. (I just found out what they
> > were called from other icon problem posts. This is a great place!)
> >
> > Is there someone who can help me out?
>
> In the Advanced dialog, the Caption Buttons selection in the Items drop down
> menu control the size of the Notification Area (System Tray) icons.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> http://www.dts-l.org/

anonymous_10000

Distinguished
May 3, 2009
I've tried the suggested solution, adjusting to every number and nothing is working. Any other ideas???