Homebuilt desktop is completely dead

ac43

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
Hello,
Last night i turned my desktop off and today, when i pressed the power button it doesn't turn on.The lights don't turn on, the speakers from the motherboard don't beep etc.It looks like it's completely dead.What can it be? I don't have the chance to test individually each component (i.e the hdd, the motherboard, the microprocessor etc) because i don't have an extra computer for testing.Any opinions, please? Thank you.

try plugging the pc into another wall outlet to see if your outlet or surge suppressor pop a fuse.if the pc still dead then look at the ps first. if there a local micro center they can toss it on there power supply tester.

austing

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012

If you have a computer store near by, ask them if you can test a diffrent powersupply they may be able to lend you, thats what it sounds like to me.

ac43

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
As soon as i got to a computer store and the guy plugged the thing in, it worked as new.He said it may be the power outlet to blame.Indeed i hah had many gizmos plugged in the same outlet (the computer included) and probably the outlet was overloaded and failed to provide enough power to everything.I've been using a second outlet and the computer is running as smoothly as it ever has.Thank you everyone for the answers.

ac43

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
As soon as i got to a computer store and the guy plugged the thing in, it worked as new.He said it may be the power outlet to blame.Indeed i hah had many gizmos plugged in the same outlet (the computer included) and probably the outlet was overloaded and failed to provide enough power to everything.I've been using a second outlet and the computer is running as smoothly as it ever has.Thank you everyone for the answers.