Crysis 2 on a Netbook

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Netbooks
  • Crysis
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 26, 2012 3:51:27 AM

Hello, i've seen lot of videos showing lot of different models that demonstrate that it's possible to run it, even at 10-15fps; that's enought for me. Anyways, can't get it to work on my little machine, the incompatible graphic card message. How the hell the people that played this game on their little netbook have managed to get rid of this problem. Help!

More about : crysis netbook

a b U Graphics card
July 26, 2012 3:58:52 AM

Complete shot in the dark but its quite possible they have a better GPU.
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
July 26, 2012 4:48:39 AM

It could be also that the internet lied to you. Crysis 2 is beast of a game and taxes even high end PCs. I very much doubt it runs on a netbook, unless that netbook is an Acer Ferrari or Alienware M11X.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 26, 2012 6:54:46 AM

Yes, an AMD E-350/450 based system Can Play Crysis 2, but I would shudder to try in on any Intel Atom system.
But then, AMD's APU's spend quite a bit of silicon on the IGP, usually to good effect.
Not trying to say they are ideal for gaming, but if you have realistic expectations on quality settings and frame rates, you can actually get quite a few games to run.
Personally, I use my C-60 based netbook for playing all sorts of older games while I am away from home.
m
l
July 26, 2012 4:28:38 PM

I still think that it's possible. Another videos showed that they were running that game on a HP Mini, with Intel Atom. Can't understand how they did it. There is a way to force it? Im sure that with Crysis 2 Advanced Graphics Settings and all low/off would make it run. Sorry about my english, i only know basics.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 26, 2012 8:28:23 PM

Assuming This is the HP Mini you are looking at (basic Atom system without a nVidia GPU), the only way it is playing any modern (or older) game would be through a streaming game service like On Live.
Intel's Atom processors have terrible IGP's and are not able to play anything but the most basic of older games.
If they have a nVidia Ion GPU however, a newer Atom system can game nearly as well as an AMD C or E APU based system.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 26, 2012 9:11:52 PM

^+1

If you are using an atom then you might as well forget it, its hard to play even the simplest of games.
m
l
a c 365 U Graphics card
July 27, 2012 1:05:31 AM

stant1rm said:
It could be also that the internet lied to you. Crysis 2 is beast of a game and taxes even high end PCs. I very much doubt it runs on a netbook, unless that netbook is an Acer Ferrari or Alienware M11X.

Only if you apply the DX11 patch and the high res texture pack. Crysis 2 by itself is not very stressful to run on an average gaming PC.

Is a capable of running on a netbook with low frame rates? Don't know.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 27, 2012 1:42:59 AM

jaguarskx said:
Only if you apply the DX11 patch and the high res texture pack. Crysis 2 by itself is not very stressful to run on an average gaming PC.

Is a capable of running on a netbook with low frame rates? Don't know.

The dx11 patch makes it even harder to max out lol
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 27, 2012 2:56:46 AM

Quote:
My 480's have a good thrashing in Crysis 2...
An intel Atom....

^ This guy right here...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
July 27, 2012 3:09:17 AM

Quote:
My 480's have a good thrashing in Crysis 2...
An intel Atom....

Lol I didn't think anyone remembered those movies ever existed :lol: 

I'll have to find whoever made the video of themselves playing crysis 2 on a netbook and "ass" them a few questions
m
l
a c 270 U Graphics card
July 27, 2012 3:34:55 AM

Quote:
Comes with semi old age :D 

:lol: 

By that mark I'm over the hill then because I saw both of those movies in the theaters when I was your age now! The first one was better. :sol: 
m
l
May 10, 2014 11:17:41 AM

Hello, sorry for reviving this old thread. I'll ask, if not already, to this thread to be closed.

About two years have passed and I upgraded my pc, Crysis 2 worked really good, I even got Crysis 3 running.

So, kinda of a noobish question, hence this request. :) 

Thanks to all who tried to help! :) 
m
l
!