folders opening up maximized

OK...I have tried everything I know to change this, but I cannot.

How do I get my folders to stop opening up maximized (they open in a full
window instead of in a restore down mode?

I'm sure it's with the registry.

thanks for your help as I am about ready to reload WinXP just to get things
back to normal.
Scott
2 answers Last reply
More about folders opening maximized

    "scott" <scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > How do I get my folders to stop opening up maximized (they open in a
    > full
    > window instead of in a restore down mode?

    If you by "opening up" means double clicking the "My Computer" icon or
    any other folder shortcuts on the desktop, just hold down the Shift
    key while clicking the close button. This will store the view mode of
    the folder as a default.

    /klaus

    I have the oposite problem, my web address shortcut opens the explorer window
    in restore down mode but I want it to open maximized.

    Any suggestions?