Sign in with
Your question

1090T over clock help.

Last response: in CPUs
January 28, 2013 1:30:46 AM

I have a 1090T with a hyper 212 cooler. When I attempt to over clock i can only get successful over clock if I only use the multiplier and it only will do 3.8ghz after running prime 95 a few times. If I mess with anything else like voltage it always BSOD before I make it to the windows login. Any idea whats going on

More about : 1090t clock

January 28, 2013 1:51:53 AM

If you are lowering the voltage or changing it from auto, it is crashing because there isn't enough power going to the CPU to operate that fast.

Raise voltage by one increment > test > fail? raise again > pass? Check temps.
m
l
January 28, 2013 1:54:56 AM

If I only use the multiplier to raise the mhz will that affect it? if I say just use the multi and the voltage can I get a successful over clock from this?
m
l
Related resources
January 28, 2013 1:59:33 AM

On that CPU? I highly doubt you will get very high. You need to adjust the base clock *and* the multiplier.
m
l
January 28, 2013 2:00:49 AM

Okay, I have a M4A89TD pro USB3 motherboard / asus bios. Do you know much about these?
m
l
January 28, 2013 2:06:51 AM

thedude300 said:
Okay, I have a M4A89TD pro USB3 motherboard / asus bios. Do you know much about these?

First thing's first: drop the multiplier to as low as it can go. Unlock the base clock. Raise the base clock to, say, 5 above default. Set the voltage down to its default. Ignore the CPU speed atm, we are testing to see what kind of base clock you can get up to.

Test this. If you pass, raise the base clock again. Keep doing it until you crash. Make note on paper of what your highest base clock was.

Get back to us and we'll see what we can do!
m
l
!