Need help, $700 budget build!

knickrehm

Honorable
Sep 13, 2012
Approximate Purchase Date: Next month

Budget Range: $700

System Usage from Most to Least Important: GAMING
Are you buying a monitor: Yes, but don't include in price.

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Parts Preferences: Intel or AMD, What ever gives me the most BANG of my BUCK. :)

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire:Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: Im thinking of getting this guy: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009256 DON'T INCLUDE IN PRICE.

Additional Comments: I would love a gaming computer that can run DayZ on high settings. I game every day so this will get lots of use. I would like a semi-cool looking case.
I was thinking an i5-2500k? Or An AMD XXXX
Anything that will give me a great budget gaming computer! Thank you!!!!!!!!

malbluff

Honorable
If you are not wanting overclocking, better to use a locked Ivybridge, than 2500K. If you don't need to have PC good at the more core demanding things like video editing, it's probably better to go for i3, and perhaps H77 mobo, to leave plenty for a half way decent graphics card. You don't need super-powerful GPU, for the monitor you are suggesting, as long as you don't plan on upgrading that to something larger/higher resolution, in near future.

idroid

Honorable
Aug 18, 2012

yes, but how??? the last thing you want to do is sacrifice performance on the GPU to get a better CPU.

malbluff

Honorable
By the time you add in OS, you are already slightly over budget. Yes you could step up to something like i5-3450, but unless you can increase budget, it's very inefficient to use cheaper GPU now, and then upgrade. Yes, you could switch from i3 to AMD, but that's more a step sideways, than up. Performance wise, multiple cores in AMD, don't even beat half the number in Intel.

malbluff

Honorable

Work...yes. As good as original suggestion? Not as good for gaming. Better for video editing, perhaps, but how IMPORTANT is that. Yes i5 is better with video, than i3, but that doesn't mean i3 is c**p. It's a question of HOW GOOD you need it to be, not yes....no.