poet7

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
I've had my K53Jr Asus laptop for over 4 years now and it only recently started to freeze up. I have a feeling my fan is going out, I have a 1GB GPU, but I have tried to up my fan speed, but that won't work. My temp doesn't really get above 53 and most of the time hovers around 51C. I just remember I used to be able to hear my fan more, now it isn't as much. It doesn't freeze up terribly often to where I can't use it, just after I have been on it for a while or in one place, and it usually stops after a minute or 2 and I blow some air into the vent. I have blown out the dust inside and everything but hasn't really helped. I have had it freeze and make a weird noise that seems like the HDD but it has only done that once or twice. I am wondering what to do, would it be difficult or expensive to replace my fan? Is it just a matter of time before the fan goes totally out? Or is it not just the fan? Anyone know how I can up the speed on this computer, I have tried lots of programs to try, but none of them ever worked. Any help would be appreciated.

Download CPUID HWmonitor and monitor the temps. See if the temps are really high when it freezes. I would also download Avast anti virus and Malwarebytes for malware and run a quick scan and full scan on both.