Nokia 6230 Questions

Last response: in Brands
September 30, 2004 10:14:14 PM

Hi,

I have a few questions about the Nokia 6230.

1/ What is the latest firmware, how do I find my version, and how do I
upgrade? (I know some early versions were buggy)

2/ What is the 'correct' method to remove the headset from the Pop-Port?
Do I just pull it out? Stupid question I know, but my 5110 headset had a
button to release it.

3/ I also have an old ACP-7A charger used with my 5110. This was
compatible with my brothers old 7110, although charged slower. Can I use
this with the 6230?

Thanks,

The Other Guy

More about : nokia 6230 questions

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 10:14:15 PM

2 & 3 yes yes
advise you to get the usb connector for this model costs 40 at phone
warehouse but you can put anything on your phone off your pc, ie mp3 games
or vids

"The Other Guy" <tog@null.void> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a few questions about the Nokia 6230.
>
> 1/ What is the latest firmware, how do I find my version, and how do I
> upgrade? (I know some early versions were buggy)
>
> 2/ What is the 'correct' method to remove the headset from the Pop-Port?
> Do I just pull it out? Stupid question I know, but my 5110 headset had a
> button to release it.
>
> 3/ I also have an old ACP-7A charger used with my 5110. This was
> compatible with my brothers old 7110, although charged slower. Can I use
> this with the 6230?
>
> Thanks,
>
> The Other Guy
September 30, 2004 10:14:15 PM

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:14:14 +1200, The Other Guy <tog@null.void>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a few questions about the Nokia 6230.
>
>1/ What is the latest firmware, how do I find my version, and how do I
>upgrade? (I know some early versions were buggy)

Key *#0000# to find the firmware version. Latest is 4.43 - see
http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=108417&thr...

>2/ What is the 'correct' method to remove the headset from the Pop-Port?
>Do I just pull it out? Stupid question I know, but my 5110 headset had a
>button to release it.

The headset sort of hooks into the port, so just unhook it out

>3/ I also have an old ACP-7A charger used with my 5110. This was
>compatible with my brothers old 7110, although charged slower. Can I use
>this with the 6230?

You can and should as a rule - the slower chargers are kinder to the
battery conditioning than the more recent fast chargers.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 1:59:03 AM

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, at 12:08:24 [GMT +0100] (21:08:24 Thursday, 30
September 2004 where I live) "ƧØÞ" wrote:

> Key *#0000# to find the firmware version. Latest is 4.43 - see
> http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=108417&thr...

Seems to be only available in Australia at this stage?

--
"Oh, Rick, you'll have to think for BOTH of us!"
October 1, 2004 1:59:04 AM

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:59:03 +1000, John
Phillips<flatulentdingo@deadspam.com> wrote:

>Seems to be only available in Australia at this stage?

Asia-Pacific countries are usually ahead of the game with releases,
but 4.34 is now available to the service centres in Europe. Just
depends whether they've bothered d/l it yet.
Anonymous
October 1, 2004 5:55:39 AM

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, at 16:24:01 [GMT +0100] (01:24:01 Friday, 1 October
2004 where I live) "ƧØÞ" wrote:

> Asia-Pacific countries are usually ahead of the game with releases,
> but 4.34 is now available to the service centres in Europe. Just
> depends whether they've bothered d/l it yet.

These people

http://www.aboutcommunications.com/updates.asp

seem to be up to date, but not yet listed on their site.

--
I used to have a life, now I have a modem.
Anonymous

Thanks to those of you who replied. I now have all the answers I require.

The Other Guy

!