Dell XPS 9000 / 435T Card Reader Upgrade

Has anyone tried or knows if you can swap the front top reader panel of the XPS 9000 with the newer 8500 USB 3.0 version? I already have a PCIe i/o USB 3.0 card with 20-pin input. I would like to use the existing card reader panel instead of installing another 3.5" card reader module. (Yes, I know I could just buy an external reader also.)

It's not a big deal, but I thought someone must have tried to already.
2 answers Last reply
More about dell 9000 435t card reader upgrade
  1. if it is the same size, then go for it. you have the USB headers from your PCI card, so why not.
  2. chprunr said:
    Has anyone tried or knows if you can swap the front top reader panel of the XPS 9000 with the newer 8500 USB 3.0 version? I already have a PCIe i/o USB 3.0 card with 20-pin input. I would like to use the existing card reader panel instead of installing another 3.5" card reader module. (Yes, I know I could just buy an external reader also.)

It's not a big deal, but I thought someone must have tried to already.

Hi, I know that it has been a couple of years since you posted this, but I am wanting to swap out the front top reader panel on a XPS case I used on a build for one that utilizes a usb 3.0 header, and I was just wondering if you ever did end up doing that yourself. If you did, is there any chance at all that you would happen to remember where you got, a model/part number, anything that I can use to try to track one down myself? I tried getting in touch with Dell, and they are absolutely no help.
Ask a new question

Read More

XPS Dell Studio Xps USB3 Components