Tags:
  • New Build
  • Gaming
  • Components
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
September 14, 2012 12:05:35 AM

Hi All,

I am currently using a gaming PC i built 2 years ago which is starting to become out dated and doesn't have the power to do some of the higher end stuff that I want to do now.

Before I start listing my possible components for my next build I need to mention a few things:

-I am open to all feedback and as long as it has a reason why you have chosen an alternate product to mine.
-Not all components you list I have access to because I live in Australia.
-Prices may vary because I live in Australia
-There are some components that I won't include in my list because either I've bought them recently or I will be using them from my old PC, these components include; my HDD, Case and CPU cooler.

Thanks, my component list will be displayed below:

PSU - Corsair HX-750 ATX $186.00
CPU - Intel i5 3570k $234.00
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz $67.00
MOBO - AsRock Extreme 4 Z77 $145.00
GPU - Gainward GTX670 Phantom 2gb $443.50
ODD - Samsung Blu-Ray Reader/Writer $79.00
SDD - Samsung 830 Series 128gb $109.00

Thanks in advance.

More about : medium grade gaming 1200 1500

September 14, 2012 12:22:52 AM

Hey mate,

I'm no expert or something but I'm building a similar system at this point and it seamed to me in my research that the EVGA FTW version of the 670 has an edge over the phantom so you might consider taking a look at that.

Other than that I think the system looks great :) . (going to take a look at that motherboard myself :p )
m
l
Related resources
September 14, 2012 1:20:27 AM

LordXzavior said:
Hey mate,

I'm no expert or something but I'm building a similar system at this point and it seamed to me in my research that the EVGA FTW version of the 670 has an edge over the phantom so you might consider taking a look at that.

Other than that I think the system looks great :) . (going to take a look at that motherboard myself :p )

Im currently thinking of getting the phantom because its currently on sale on one of my potential sites, I was also thinking of getting the Asus GF GTX670 DirectCU II Edition because almost the most overclocking headroom out of all the 670 cards and another reason I was interested in the phantom is because of its dual fan set up, where as alot of the other 670 cards that are in the similar price range only have one fan.
but thanks for the feedback ill keep your suggestion in mind
m
l
September 14, 2012 1:22:01 AM

strife_ff7 said:
Looks good. Here is that ram a little cheaper and low profile so there is no chance of it get in the way of the cpu cooler http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

haha, thats the exact same RAM i had in mind sorry that i didnt specify what corsair vengeance ram i was getting. but thanks for the feedback.
m
l
September 14, 2012 1:24:46 AM

Why_Me said:
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $149.00
Silverstone Strider Plus 750W ST75F-P (80 PLUS Silver | 100% modular)

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i... $49.00
G.Skill Ares F3-1600C9D-8GAO 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

thanks for the suggestion but what are the pro's for choosing these over the ones i included in my list, if its just the price it might be unfortunately irrelevant because in the past ive checked out PC case gear and their shipping is ABSURD. but if theres performance differences Im willing to give them a look at and some thought about getting them.

thanks
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
September 14, 2012 1:40:25 AM

sk-jb93 said:
thanks for the suggestion but what are the pro's for choosing these over the ones i included in my list, if its just the price it might be unfortunately irrelevant because in the past ive checked out PC case gear and their shipping is ABSURD. but if theres performance differences Im willing to give them a look at and some thought about getting them.

thanks

I only used pccasegear for a reference seeing how most Aussie pc hardware sites are a bloody mess. Those were just cheaper alternatives that didn't take away from quality and performance.
m
l
September 14, 2012 1:42:58 AM

Why_Me said:
I only used pccasegear for a reference seeing how most Aussie pc hardware sites are a bloody mess. Those were just cheaper alternatives that didn't take away from quality and performance.

HAHA! the sites arent that bad, just a different set up to Newegg and the other main ones, but yeah understandable. well i looked at pc case gear's shipping and it seems their shipping prices have been reduced since the last time i checked so there might be a possiblity that ill buy my components from pccasegear. ill keep it in mind, thanks alot for the suggestion.
m
l
September 14, 2012 1:43:56 AM

I think it looks good, but I need to say one thing. Mid range gaming isn't being able to max out every game for 3 or 4 years. I don't know when the definition of mid range changed.
m
l
September 14, 2012 1:50:36 AM

lt_dan_zsu said:
I think it looks good, but I need to say one thing. Mid range gaming isn't being able to max out every game for 3 or 4 years. I don't know when the definition of mid range changed.

i only called it mid range because with the speed that specs for games are advancing this would most like likely last 2 years (3 max) if i dont SLI and i also called it mid range because of the price tag
m
l
!