Change Video Output for BIOS?

Hi guys, I've been searching and searching without luck on this issue I'm having, only to find the answer being it's a limitation of the hardware...but here it goes:

I'm currently running a dual monitor setup on my GTX 680 -- 27" HDMI LED and an older 19" DVI LCD. My BIOS has no problem displaying correctly; it's just a matter of WHICH monitor I wish it could be displayed on. It seems as if the video card defaults to displaying the BIOS via the DVI output, not the HDMI. So, I have to turn my head 45 degrees whenever I'm working in the BIOS :D which isn't a terrible problem, just quite...well....annoying I suppose.

Has anyone found a solution to this? Is there a BIOS setting I need to tweak? I'm running the ASUS Sabertooth Z77 board, latest BIOS.

Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about change video output bios
  1. I'm pretty sure you should be able to swap screens when you press TAB (when POST splash screen appears).
  2. Thanks for the quick reply! Tried it, but no luck -- it sent me to the selection screen where you choose either to start Windows or the memory diagnostic :\
  3. Oh.. It must be different for your motherboard then. It should say some keys when POST splash screen comes up, maybe you can find something there..
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards BIOS Graphics