My HD 6950 Drivers Seem To have Killed Themselves

screenguy

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Ok i recently Built my own PC and I have been Having trouble with my drivers for my HD 6950
If i install the Drivers that Came With it 12.1 Cod World at war 91 fps and team fortress 2 150 - 250 Fps
And minecraft Lags sooo Much
If i use the Drivers 12.6 or 12.7 Beta Cod World at war Lags and Team fortress 2 Lags
And Minecraft Runs Super Smooth 100 - 170 Fps

Any Help or Advice you can Give me without Having to Switch Drivers All the Time

And i have Overclocked it a tiny bit

Traildriver

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Take off the overclock. Get things working with a driver package THEN try again.

Many people do not run the latest drivers or update all the time. If what came with the card works then use it. Only upgrade if software fails to run properly. And make sure if you do update to go to the AMD website and pick the correct driver set for bothe the card the the OS (esp 32 vs 64 bit)

screenguy

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Well i installed hotfix and it seems on Cod world at war That it seems to lag on Der riese Rarely and alot on a Custom map Seelow But i still think that i shouldnt be lagging at all i will try more graphical games soon

spagalicious

Distinguished
Is your card overclocked at all when you update the drivers? And are the shaders unlocked on your card? My display drivers weren't working correctly after I updated with an oc and shaders unlocked.

Try stock settings on the card and reinstalling 12.7. If the drivers are iffy and you are not happy with your gaming experience, DriverSweep and uninstall ccc. Then do a fresh install of the drivers.

screenguy

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Well it went back to default before and after i updated drivers as i used ccc to overclock it. and no the shaders are not unlocked on my card.
And i hvae done that