Sign in with
Your question

Toshiba Satellite P200 CPU Upgrade

January 28, 2013 8:46:16 AM

Good Morning,
I wasn't sure if this would be the apropriate place to make a thread like this since its mostly for Desktop PCs.

My problem here is that my laptop is quite old in fact around 5 to 6 years old if im not wrong and ive been wanting to upgrade it for quite some time, not sure tought on which CPU i could shove in here due to the MHz altought i do suspect its around 800Mhz, knowing the fact that im not that knowledgable on laptop modifications and been having issues with overheating ( need to clean teh dust out of teh cooling and fans?)
The Laptop Spec at the moment are:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 1.80GHz
RAM: 3 GB (got a faulty 2GB so had to stick one of the default 1 GB sticks)
Video: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 256 MB (not sure if these are able to be replaced as i think its onBoard)

if possible give me some opinions on this as i would like to keep this laptop but upgrade it slightly as im really fond of this champ from years ago

P.S: Btw my keyboard has an issue that teh backspace and enter keys do nto work at the beginning, takes time to be able to use them normaly, could it be some conectivity problem? it happens when i turn on the pc after some time passed like i go to sleep and wake up and i ahve to wait for them to wake up (using enter key from Numpad side)

Best Regards
!