Character transfer between accounts

I've let my friend to play on my computer for a while, so he has
leveled his hunter to 20. Now he got his own game, but he would like to
continue with this hunter. Does anybody know if it is possible (with
support call, of course) to transfer the character to another player?
Btw, how's buying of a character works? Are they sold as entire
accounts?
7 answers Last reply
More about character transfer accounts

    Buying of characters are in violation of the EULA and not sanctioned by
    Blizzard. They may terminate any account that they find exchanging
    hands for money.

    That said, yes they are sold as entire accounts. Blizzard has
    acknowledged that there is a request for characters to be split off
    accounts and they have also said that they will be looking into that
    possibility. The timeframe is half-year+ if at all with lots of
    limitations and/or possibly fees.

    Currently they do not support splitting off characters.

    You can never change the account name or the original name on the
    account. You can change the billing information and the password though.

    "Caeryn Dryad of Whisperwind" <tierrie@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Buying of characters are in violation of the EULA and not sanctioned by
    > Blizzard. They may terminate any account that they find exchanging
    > hands for money.
    >
    > That said, yes they are sold as entire accounts. Blizzard has
    > acknowledged that there is a request for characters to be split off
    > accounts and they have also said that they will be looking into that
    > possibility. The timeframe is half-year+ if at all with lots of
    > limitations and/or possibly fees.
    >
    > Currently they do not support splitting off characters.

    How about getting the name changed on an account. As readers of this group
    know, I've been looking a guest pass for my girlfriend to use. However, a
    friend give me his account with a few days play still on it. Its still got
    his name on the account information,.. is there no way to change this?

    yozik wrote:
    > I've let my friend to play on my computer for a while, so he has
    > leveled his hunter to 20. Now he got his own game, but he would like
    > to continue with this hunter. Does anybody know if it is possible
    > (with support call, of course) to transfer the character to another
    > player? Btw, how's buying of a character works? Are they sold as
    > entire accounts?

    Level 20? It's possible to reach 20 in a matter of days. Especially if you
    roll the same build. The advantage is that you know where the quests are :)

    A colleague of mine was sharing his Mac with his girlfriend and she had
    reached the heady heights of level 40-odd. She then bought her own computer
    and had to re-roll. Bit of a bummer.

    --
    Moif of Bloodhoof <The Suffering>
    Moif: http://www.wowrankings.com/viewb.htm?id=27138

    yozik wrote:

    > I've let my friend to play on my computer for a while, so he has
    > leveled his hunter to 20. Now he got his own game, but he would like to
    > continue with this hunter. Does anybody know if it is possible (with
    > support call, of course) to transfer the character to another player?
    > Btw, how's buying of a character works? Are they sold as entire
    > accounts?

    According to the second blizzard battle plan:

    You will soon be able to shift characters between accounts. There will
    be a small fee (to stop abuses).

    Melkuth a écrit :
    > yozik wrote:
    >
    >> I've let my friend to play on my computer for a while, so he has
    >> leveled his hunter to 20. Now he got his own game, but he would like to
    >> continue with this hunter. Does anybody know if it is possible (with
    >> support call, of course) to transfer the character to another player?
    >> Btw, how's buying of a character works? Are they sold as entire
    >> accounts?
    >>

    > According to the second blizzard battle plan:
    >
    > You will soon be able to shift characters between accounts. There will
    > be a small fee (to stop abuses).

    This is good! when we finally get a new pc my boyfriend and I will be
    able to transfer one character and then play together!

    Mage, Kirin Tor

Warcraft Video Games