Last response: in Systems
September 14, 2012 4:04:06 PM

Current PC:
CPU: i5 2400 at 3.8/3.7/3.7/3.6
GPU. MSI twin frozr III R7850
RAM: 2x2gb 9-9-9-27 1600mhz lowered to 8-9-9-18
HDD: 7200rpm 32mb cache 1TB blue caviar
MB: GA-p67a-d3-b3
PSU: Gigabyte Superb 620 watts 2 rails http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=...
DVD: samsung super writemaster something
Monitor: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I only have 87$. 50$ actually since my country has 25$ VAT... I also would like to spend less if it's possible lol but my OCD obviously won't allow that. What should I get? I think I can even get a decent hdd with that money, or a cheap ssd. I have enough space for now but who knows...

More about : upgrade

September 14, 2012 4:19:10 PM

Your link to the monitor does not work for me.

$50 will buy you an added 4gb of ram. That is a good thing, assuming you have a 64 bit os.

Or, I suggest you continue to save up and buy a SSD for the os and a few games. I would buy at least a 80gb unit, and preferably 120gb.
September 14, 2012 4:19:52 PM

Its good as it is. You want to save up more for the SSD. 128 Gb is the norm now a days and it costs around $100.
Related resources
September 14, 2012 4:20:33 PM

What is not performing as well as you'd like?
You might go to 2x4GB of RAM, but I'm not sure how much difference that will really make.
Do you like your keyboard and mouse? Perhaps a memory card reader would be a useful addition. I think $50 ought to buy a copy of Guild Wars 2, which you should be able to play on high to max settings.
September 14, 2012 4:21:32 PM

Buy yourself a new pair of shoes.
September 14, 2012 4:23:58 PM

A new pair of shoes? Does he know where his towel is?
September 14, 2012 4:27:44 PM

geekapproved said:
Buy yourself a new pair of shoes.

*** shoes I'd rather buy a some new delta fans or some computer neons than a cheap pair of shoes, I'm a virgin looser *** kid anyway so who cares about looks I'll die a virgin but at least I'll have neons on my computer and hopefully on my coffin. I'm such a loser girl vomit when she sees me she think she saw vagina of ctulhu's mother. I look like gollum's penis, shriveled and bald and ugly and smelly. I don't even have friends man I'm the biggest loser in the planet I dream of the day someone will tolerate me. I just want a PC. Why invest in clothes if those clothes won't bring me anything? no girl, no friends, nothing... no one loves me. But I can invest in a PC. PC will never fail me... well except the tiems I get BSODS. Or, well, Mac PCs, but I'll never buy that.

geofelt said:
Your link to the monitor does not work for me.

$50 will buy you an added 4gb of ram. That is a good thing, assuming you have a 64 bit os.

Or, I suggest you continue to save up and buy a SSD for the os and a few games. I would buy at least a 80gb unit, and preferably 120gb.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
It's this monitor, but obviously I don't have money for a new monitor yet.

I currently have 2 sticks of ddr3 dual channel ram, would it work if I bought another set and added it to my motherboard? shouldn't I buy quad channel ram or would this work?
September 14, 2012 5:05:10 PM

I currently have 2 sticks of ddr3 dual channel ram, would it work if I bought another set and added it to my motherboard? shouldn't I buy quad channel ram or would this work?

First, I suggest you edit your post to erase the gutter talk.

Yes, another kit of 2x2gb exactly like yours will likely work.

Your motherboard operates all ram in dual channel mode where the sticks are evenly balanced as to capacity.
Ram does not come on single/dual/quad channel forms. That is determined by the motherboard.
Ram is sold in kits of 1/2/4 sticks for that purpose.
September 14, 2012 5:25:31 PM

geofelt said:

First, I suggest you edit your post to erase the gutter talk.

Yes, another kit of 2x2gb exactly like yours will likely work.

Your motherboard operates all ram in dual channel mode where the sticks are evenly balanced as to capacity.
Ram does not come on single/dual/quad channel forms. That is determined by the motherboard.
Ram is sold in kits of 1/2/4 sticks for that purpose.

Thanks, so buying the exact same models would be OK even though they were meant to be dual channel sticks, not quad channel?

And sorry for the "gutter" talk but I'm tired of this so what that I have a computer what do you want me to do man? kll myself? I'm a giant loser, give me some friends or else shut up. I only have my computer as my friend, and what's wrong in taking care of it? I know I'm a loser I know I'm ugly I know I'll never get to touch a girl other than my mom and even If I get this opportunity I might end up in jail as a rapist... I know my fate, I need no one tell me again what my life has in store for me. Stop hating me, I'll die a miserable old man, it's enough punishment, believe me. Ok? Is that enough? End of story.
!