Custom pc build checker*eta

noobisme

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Hello,
so this is what I have: asus m5a97 le r2.0 motherboard, amd phenom II x4 965 black Ed am3 CPU,LG 24x sata dvdrw, Kingston 4GB 1333mhz ddr3 hyperx blu,wd caviar blue 500gb sata hd, evga geforce gtx 650 graphics, and a ultra lsp 750watt power supply... I'm way noob but followed everything (or so I thought) now prob is monitor has no signal. connecting thru hdmi so please help?? what did I miss?**so a bit of background- this build is for my 15 year old, I'm a mom- dad has no urge to even try to help with this build nor does he have any knowledge of anything pc involved. I'm trying to learn as much as possible to teach my son. we've hit a roadblock and are beyond frustrated. if we could afford it we'd take this build in to techs but unfortunately tech support in our area ranges from $100 on up:-( he's been patiently waiting for his computer now it's at the final parts( we hope at least )but I don't know what to do which is why I turned here. you guys are awesome and I know someone has a solution to help. thanks

popatim

Titan
got the 8 pin cpu power from the psu plugged into the motherboard?
got the 6 pin pcie (gpu) power cable from the power supply plugged into the gtx650? Alternately you could use the dual molex to pcie power cable that came with the GPU.

Does the monitor work using another port on it? I dont know what ports his tv has.

noobisme

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013

I have the 4pin (12v)plugged in from the psu to the motherboard and the 6 pin pcie from the psu into the gtx650. when i power the system up all fans come on and the motherboard light turns on as soon as the psu is plugged in, I even checked the switch at the back of the psu to make sure it was set at 115 not 230 lol. the monitor we are trying to use has a vga and hdmi connection and the gtx came with an adaptor for dvi-i to vga however it doesnt seem that its set right when its connected, it feels loose. so we got the hdmi cable instead.