Custom system build

directorw280

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
I'm an accomplished builder of custom rigs both small and grandiose. I've refurbed, upgraded, modified, repaired and fixed more computers than I care to remember. I've built several towers from scratch and have had almost no issues with any of them. That being said, I've delved into the UEFI system build foray. I need advice on building up a clients rig.

The system specs are as follows: Corsair 400R ATX case, Seagate 3TB HDD, OCZ 128GB SSD, i5-2500K proc, H100 Liquid cooling, 8GB (x2) Corsair Vengeance memory DDR3-1666, 1000W power supply, Nvidia GeForce 550 Ti Superclocked GDDR3 1GB video card, Belkin Wireless N+ network card, 52-in-1 card reader, Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard with mSata and SMART capability, and Blu-ray drive with M disc and 3D playback.

I've done a majority of my research already in regards to formatting the HDD over from MBR to GPT. What I need help on is the next step after formatting. I need to know that this machine will boot into UEFI and following that, I also want to use the SSD as a sytem cache. I will be running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit as the OS.