Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gaming PC Build i5-3570K < > i7-3770K ?

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 14, 2012 8:28:12 PM

Hello everyone, i'm going to build my pc. Willing to use it for gaming > (maybe some program) > movies > surfing. Not so sure if overclock is going to take place. Having issues with alternative CPU (maybe i7). The country is Lithuania (for prices and such 1USD~2.6LT). The all in all is 3500 ~ 4500LT --> 1350 ~ 1730$ possibilities:

1) CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.4GHz 6MB LGA1155 --- What if with demand switching to ---> 1.1) Intel® Core™ i7-3770K 3.50GHz 8MB
2) MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H --> [ not sure about this one at all, but something around ]
3) RAM: Kingston 8GB PC12800 DDR3 CL9 HYPERX KIT OF 2 -- OR -> 3.1) Kingston 16GB PC12800 DDR3 CL9
4) SSD: Crucial M4 SSD 64GB SATAIII < or < Crucial M4 RealSSD 128GB SATAIII
5) HDD: Western Digital VelociRaptor 600GB 10 000RPM 32MB
6) GPU: Gigabyte GF GTX680 2GB GDDR5 PCIE
7) CASE: Cooler Master Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP
8) PSU: OCZ PSU ATX2.2 650W ZT > or > Cooler Master GX- series ATX 700W > or > Corsair CXV2 ATX 2.3 600W 80+ CMPSU-600CXV2EU
9) COOLER: Cooler Master HYPER 212 EVO UNIVERSAL COOLER RR-212E-16PK-R1
10) OPTICAL: Asus DVDRW 24x SATA Black

That's it, all the information is taken from www.1a.lt
Questions:
1. Would you chose such build, if not which part (1);2);...;10)) would you change --- why?
2. What would you recommend for alternative part (1);2);...;10)) --- why?
3. Would you take i-7 or i-5 if not price minding + for overall progress such as playing games and working with some programs (autocad, photoshop ect...) generally?

I'm going to post you new thoughts on build as soon as i'll get comments and end up editing my build with your suggestions considered to copy paste it for your approval. Thanks in advance your help will be appreciated :) 

September 14, 2012 11:00:36 PM

sup man well my thoughts,

CPU: Unless your using programs that use hyper threading there's no real need to get an i-7. I myself have the same I-5 your thinking of getting and its perfect for gaming, photo shop, net all that good stuff, and the K is for unlocked so if you do decide to OC its all ready for ya.

Mobo: When it comes to mobo's its really comes down to what you want to do with your pc. The one you have picked is cool for what you said above but me personally id try and find one with more then one PCI-E for multi GPU's if you should ever want to really kick some ass.

RAM: For gaming 16G is WAY over doing it 8G its prob still kinda high but if your doing rendering 16G is prob the way to go. WHAT EVER YOU DO THO make sure the channel of your RAM matches your MOBO or you WILL NOT get the most out of it.

SSD: Good man! I asume its for a boot drive, if so you might want to go a little more then a 120, say a 240 cause i got a 120 OCZ for my recent build and mines about full and wish I had a little more wiggle room. Also id go OCZ best SSD maker IMO

HDD: Wish I went with a V.Rapter instead of my caviar blue for games and apps id go with the 1T V.Rapter but I got a *** ton of games so to each his own.

GPU: IDK what autocad is but if its not for render graphics anything above a GTX:670 is just overkill. I have a EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2G and I can play BF3, SWTOR, MW3, Crysis 2 on ultra no prob and if I needed more juice id just SLI my 670. If it is a 680 would do just fine.

Case: Again like the mobo its all what you want to do. The Scout is a ATX form factor so the mobo you picked will fit in it. For me I like a big full tower case that has room for a lot of fans, 5+ HDD/SSD racks, 5+ drive bays for fan/water cooling controllers, head room for radiators and all the bells and whistles. again all what you want to do. Keep in mind you will prob have this pc 2-3+ years maby even more if you pick your parts right.

PSU: with power supplies its really about how much juice you will need. With one GPU + over clocking 650W is the right amount. You really wont go near 600W but its a good Wattage if you do add another GPU later on. Also anything 80+ certified. You will spend more on the PSU becasue its 80+ but you will save money on your power bill. Also get it from a well known comp like Corsair, Rosewill, and Antec.

Cooler: the heat sink you picked is great. depending on how far if at all you want to OC you might want to think about water cooling like the Corsair H80 or the H100 but thats more at the mid to high end OC.

Optical Drive: a cheap name brand for what you need. the one you picked is fine unless you want to watch/burn blue rays but who really buys DVD's anymore.

hope this helps
September 15, 2012 1:44:25 AM

rank4 said:
Hello everyone, i'm going to build my pc. Willing to use it for gaming > (maybe some program) > movies > surfing. Not so sure if overclock is going to take place. Having issues with alternative CPU (maybe i7). The country is Lithuania (for prices and such 1USD~2.6LT). The all in all is 3500 ~ 4500LT --> 1350 ~ 1730$ possibilities:

1) CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.4GHz 6MB LGA1155 --- What if with demand switching to ---> 1.1) Intel® Core™ i7-3770K 3.50GHz 8MB
2) MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H --> [ not sure about this one at all, but something around ]
3) RAM: Kingston 8GB PC12800 DDR3 CL9 HYPERX KIT OF 2 -- OR -> 3.1) Kingston 16GB PC12800 DDR3 CL9
4) SSD: Crucial M4 SSD 64GB SATAIII < or < Crucial M4 RealSSD 128GB SATAIII
5) HDD: Western Digital VelociRaptor 600GB 10 000RPM 32MB
6) GPU: Gigabyte GF GTX680 2GB GDDR5 PCIE
7) CASE: Cooler Master Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP
8) PSU: OCZ PSU ATX2.2 650W ZT > or > Cooler Master GX- series ATX 700W > or > Corsair CXV2 ATX 2.3 600W 80+ CMPSU-600CXV2EU
9) COOLER: Cooler Master HYPER 212 EVO UNIVERSAL COOLER RR-212E-16PK-R1
10) OPTICAL: Asus DVDRW 24x SATA Black

That's it, all the information is taken from www.1a.lt
Questions:
1. Would you chose such build, if not which part (1);2);...;10)) would you change --- why?
2. What would you recommend for alternative part (1);2);...;10)) --- why?
3. Would you take i-7 or i-5 if not price minding + for overall progress such as playing games and working with some programs (autocad, photoshop ect...) generally?

I'm going to post you new thoughts on build as soon as i'll get comments and end up editing my build with your suggestions considered to copy paste it for your approval. Thanks in advance your help will be appreciated :) 

1) Stick with i5-3570K, no point in i7
2) Budget option ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, or better quality Asus P8Z77- there are several versions, just pick one close to you needs (connectivity/expansion)
3) 2x4GB 1600 MHz Cas9 low profile like Corsair CML, Crucial Ballistic Sport, GSkill Ares.
4) 128GB Crucial M4
5) With decent SSD, don't see much point in velociraptor for general storage, suggest 1TB WD Caviar Black.
6) Unless planning something high res, what GTX680 gives over GTX 670, not worth extra cost.
7) Fine
8) Certainly with GTX670, wouldn't need more than 550w. Seasonic, XFX, Antec, good at tht wattage.
9) Fine
10) Fine.
Related resources
September 15, 2012 2:01:37 AM

Just give me a budget and i will make you something great!
September 15, 2012 9:38:43 AM

If in Lithuania it would be good to know what decent website, for components, is available to you, to suggest anything specific.
September 15, 2012 11:18:46 AM

mcclellan_d said:
sup man well my thoughts,

CPU: Unless your using programs that use hyper threading there's no real need to get an i-7. I myself have the same I-5 your thinking of getting and its perfect for gaming, photo shop, net all that good stuff, and the K is for unlocked so if you do decide to OC its all ready for ya.

Mobo: When it comes to mobo's its really comes down to what you want to do with your pc. The one you have picked is cool for what you said above but me personally id try and find one with more then one PCI-E for multi GPU's if you should ever want to really kick some ass.

RAM: For gaming 16G is WAY over doing it 8G its prob still kinda high but if your doing rendering 16G is prob the way to go. WHAT EVER YOU DO THO make sure the channel of your RAM matches your MOBO or you WILL NOT get the most out of it.

SSD: Good man! I asume its for a boot drive, if so you might want to go a little more then a 120, say a 240 cause i got a 120 OCZ for my recent build and mines about full and wish I had a little more wiggle room. Also id go OCZ best SSD maker IMO

HDD: Wish I went with a V.Rapter instead of my caviar blue for games and apps id go with the 1T V.Rapter but I got a *** ton of games so to each his own.

GPU: IDK what autocad is but if its not for render graphics anything above a GTX:670 is just overkill. I have a EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2G and I can play BF3, SWTOR, MW3, Crysis 2 on ultra no prob and if I needed more juice id just SLI my 670. If it is a 680 would do just fine.

Case: Again like the mobo its all what you want to do. The Scout is a ATX form factor so the mobo you picked will fit in it. For me I like a big full tower case that has room for a lot of fans, 5+ HDD/SSD racks, 5+ drive bays for fan/water cooling controllers, head room for radiators and all the bells and whistles. again all what you want to do. Keep in mind you will prob have this pc 2-3+ years maby even more if you pick your parts right.

PSU: with power supplies its really about how much juice you will need. With one GPU + over clocking 650W is the right amount. You really wont go near 600W but its a good Wattage if you do add another GPU later on. Also anything 80+ certified. You will spend more on the PSU becasue its 80+ but you will save money on your power bill. Also get it from a well known comp like Corsair, Rosewill, and Antec.

Cooler: the heat sink you picked is great. depending on how far if at all you want to OC you might want to think about water cooling like the Corsair H80 or the H100 but thats more at the mid to high end OC.

Optical Drive: a cheap name brand for what you need. the one you picked is fine unless you want to watch/burn blue rays but who really buys DVD's anymore.

hope this helps


Thanks, mate, was worth reading, i think i might want to increase ssd now, also to lower the gpu and plan to add an extra lets say gtx 670 some time.
September 15, 2012 11:24:07 AM

malbluff said:
1) Stick with i5-3570K, no point in i7
2) Budget option ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, or better quality Asus P8Z77- there are several versions, just pick one close to you needs (connectivity/expansion)
3) 2x4GB 1600 MHz Cas9 low profile like Corsair CML, Crucial Ballistic Sport, GSkill Ares.
4) 128GB Crucial M4
5) With decent SSD, don't see much point in velociraptor for general storage, suggest 1TB WD Caviar Black.
6) Unless planning something high res, what GTX680 gives over GTX 670, not worth extra cost.
7) Fine
8) Certainly with GTX670, wouldn't need more than 550w. Seasonic, XFX, Antec, good at tht wattage.
9) Fine
10) Fine.


This is really the answer i wanted to see the most, it's like i'm accepting everything, but lets say i want MOBO to take capacity for 2x gtx670 in the future, then also what comes down to good case i have not really much experience, then the power supply good for future 2x gtx 670?
September 15, 2012 11:35:28 AM

idroid said:
Just give me a budget and i will make you something great!


thnx for your comment, but you know the prices are so different in every country and i think that might be missunderstood... The better idea would be to give lets say the i5-3570K then lets say GTX670, tell you that i want to have 2x GTX670 in the future and then you are able to complete the build with the best (quality>price) components on the whole market. Of course then it comes to down to Lithuania we will see that there is no such stuff but picking similar would be just fine.. hmm
September 15, 2012 11:47:41 AM

malbluff said:
If in Lithuania it would be good to know what decent website, for components, is available to you, to suggest anything specific.


Glad you're wondering. Lets say www.1a.lt or www.varle.lt . There might be some in other e. shops that i don't even know but then it is on http://www.kainos.lt/lt . They take the name of the components you are looking for and search all the e. shops they have in DB finding all and with price comparison so the next link you click is up to you and they send you directly to the product seller. Also you might want to know that "Ieškoti" stands for "Search" but that's not that intricate to figure out : )
September 15, 2012 12:19:59 PM

This is the components and the e.shop area provided. If you could help choosing RAM SSD GPU CASE PSU... So far
1) CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K 3.4GHz 6MB LGA1155 ---- http://www.1a.lt/pc_komponentai/procesoriai/intel_core_...
2) MOBO: ASRock Z77 EXTREME4, Z77, DDR3-1600, 4xSATA3, RAID, HDMI, GBLAN, ATX ----- http://www.varle.lt/pagrindines-plokstes/pagrindine-plo...
3) RAM: have no idea for the best ram maybe there are no good http://www.varle.lt/atmintys-ram/?kaina=134.99-264.99,2...* and http://www.1a.lt/pc_komponentai/ram_atmintis/?order_ele... ???
4) SSD: which is which? http://www.1a.lt/pc_komponentai/kietieji_diskai_ssd/cru... or http://www.1a.lt/pc_komponentai/kietieji_diskai_ssd/cru... ?
5) HDD: as suggested Western Digital CAVIAR Black 1TB 7200RPM 64MB ---- http://www.1a.lt/pc_komponentai/kietieji_diskai_hdd/wes...
6) GPU: This one GTX670 is very interesting http://www.kainos.lt/lt/search?search_query=GTX+670
7) CASE: http://www.1a.lt/pc_komponentai/kompiuteriu_korpusai/in... (450LT going bottom please)
8) PSU: watttage 2xGTX670 is 700W http://www.1a.lt/pc_komponentai/maitinimo_blokai_psu/co... isn't too much?
9) COOLER: Cooler Master HYPER 212 EVO UNIVERSAL COOLER RR-212E-16PK-R1 ----- http://www.1a.lt/pc_komponentai/ausintuvai_coolers/cool...
10) OPTICAL: Asus DVDRW 24x SATA Black <--> not very important.

If you could open these links and give a search for what i have in Lithuania and then suggest that would be great. Thank you.
September 15, 2012 12:43:57 PM

rank4 said:
This is really the answer i wanted to see the most, it's like i'm accepting everything, but lets say i want MOBO to take capacity for 2x gtx670 in the future, then also what comes down to good case i have not really much experience, then the power supply good for future 2x gtx 670?

Yes, think you are best with 670's, unless you're planning some super high res surround vision, or something. If you want a high quality mobo, that you can be confident is likely to do anything you may want of it, the Asus P8Z77-V PRO is my favourite board, short of going silly with specialist, RoG type boards. It's not particularly cheap, but pretty good. For cases, without going silly again, the Corsair Carbide 500R would be good for you needs, and good quality. There are, of course, lots of acceptable, adequate cases, cheaper.
If you want to allow, in PSU sizing for SLi, you want 750w. You could use 850w, to allow plenty in hand, but it's not necessary. Certainly no more. The main thing is it needs to be good quality, AND efficiency, or it's going to be inefficient, whilst it's only running one card. Something like Corsair HX series, or Seasonic ss series would be good. XFX Pro series modular, is another option.
September 15, 2012 6:07:35 PM

malbluff said:
Yes, think you are best with 670's, unless you're planning some super high res surround vision, or something. If you want a high quality mobo, that you can be confident is likely to do anything you may want of it, the Asus P8Z77-V PRO is my favourite board, short of going silly with specialist, RoG type boards. It's not particularly cheap, but pretty good. For cases, without going silly again, the Corsair Carbide 500R would be good for you needs, and good quality. There are, of course, lots of acceptable, adequate cases, cheaper.
If you want to allow, in PSU sizing for SLi, you want 750w. You could use 850w, to allow plenty in hand, but it's not necessary. Certainly no more. The main thing is it needs to be good quality, AND efficiency, or it's going to be inefficient, whilst it's only running one card. Something like Corsair HX series, or Seasonic ss series would be good. XFX Pro series modular, is another option.



thnx for answer i have considered few things now
April 12, 2013 5:43:52 PM

rank4 said:
Hello everyone, i'm going to build my pc. Willing to use it for gaming > (maybe some program) > movies > surfing. Not so sure if overclock is going to take place. Having issues with alternative CPU (maybe i7). The country is Lithuania (for prices and such 1USD~2.6LT). The all in all is 3500 ~ 4500LT --> 1350 ~ 1730$ possibilities:

Questions:
1. Would you chose such build, if not which part (1);2);...;10)) would you change --- why?
2. What would you recommend for alternative part (1);2);...;10)) --- why?
3. Would you take i-7 or i-5 if not price minding + for overall progress such as playing games and working with some programs (autocad, photoshop ect...) generally?

I'm going to post you new thoughts on build as soon as i'll get comments and end up editing my build with your suggestions considered to copy paste it for your approval. Thanks in advance your help will be appreciated :) 



Did you build your new computer? If so, what components did you use and how do you like it?
April 12, 2013 6:14:07 PM

[/quotemsg]Did you build your new computer? If so, what components did you use and how do you like it?[/quotemsg]

i did i did :) 
so i took i7 just to have no problems if anything in the future will be demanded to use it's powers... so far no regrets.
i also took asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS and this was my worst decision but it's not a big deal. i should have take like 20 bucks more expencive motherboard and have more advanced facilities, also, my motherboard malfunctioned on the main pc cooler, but i didnt give it in, just bought manual controler... too lazy you know :D 
i took 16gb ram ddr3 accidentally cl 8 i think cl 9 would be cool enough (kingston)..
also ssd 128 ocz vertex 4
i took double gtx asus 670
case is cooler master advanced 690II
well psu is corsair 850W HX gold plus
cooler noctua nh-d14
optical i think kept the same as written lol (haven't used it yet, just to install windows)

so my overall experience on my pc is good, because it's like so long since i got it but it is suprising me with it's speeds still.. i got ratings all 7.9 insta in windows rating except for ram and cpu (7.8) using noctua cooler i can over clock it to ~4,6 ghz but i use automatic clocker (comes with mother board) which doesn't make system too stable so i keep 4.5+. if i wanted, i could try even more and make it stable, but i am too lazy to adjust clocking manually, it's not that easy thou + i'm am absolutely happy what i have.

so that's it, ask if you want some more specific answers
!