What you think about this computer build !!!

msallak1

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
hello guys

i want buy new pc and i want get best components.i dont want things that i don't need them like motherboard (spec for overcloaking )

this is my build :

Nzxt Technologies Phantom with Green Trim (Green LED) Enthusiast Full Tower Case
ASUS P9X79 LGA 2011 Intel X79
Intel Core i7-3930K Hexa-Core Processor 3.2 Ghz 12 MB Cache LGA 2011
G.SKILL 8GB (2 x 4GB) Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1600MHz (because i don't need 16 gb or what u think)
OCZ Technology 128GB Vertex 4 Series SATA 6.0 GB/s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive (SSD) With Industry's Highest 120K IOPS
gtx 690 (which one is better evga or asus ???)
Corsair Professional Series HX1050 80 Plus Silver Certified 1050-Watt (should i buy this or 1200 watt gold ?)
Asus VE278Q 27-Inch Full-HD LED
CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD PFC Compatible 1500VA 900W Pure Sine Wave Tower UPS
Logitech G9X Gaming Mouse Call of Duty: MW3 Edition
Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB
Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive IHAS424-98 - Retail (Black)

i want u to tell me which keyboard i should chose and should i put liquid cooling

thanks for help

Solution

What you fail to realize is that a computer is a system, with each component interacting with eachother, and the bottleneck of a system is what determines your maximum performance.

Think of it this way:
10 years ago there was a massive amount of difference in...
1) what is your budget?

2) what is your use model? a 6 core is killer for things like content creation, server stuff, and virturalized environments... for gaming though it is kinda just wasted money, extra heat to disparate, and epeen

3) If overclocking and building such an extreme rig then get something rated above 1600 for your ram as that could be an issue for high OCing

4)You do not get the full speed out of a drive until you have at least a 240+GB SSD because they populate both sides of the board with chips. And for SSD more chips=more throughput (generally speaking at least). I like OCZ drives in general, but for such a nice system it would be better to put in a Samsung 800 series (or 2 :D). They are just as fast (if not faster) than OCZ, and they are reliable where OCZ is... well... not exactly known for having a history of reliability thought hey have cleaned up their act over the last 2 years.

5) 2011 chips do not come with coolers, so you will want to get either a nice oversized air cooler, a good quality LCL (like the Corsair H100), or a custom cooling solution.

msallak1

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
what is your budget?
3500$
2) what is your use model?
gaming but i want pc which i won't change after 3-5 years i want good pc and up-gradable
3)hmm i think i don't need +1600
do you think that if i won't overcloack my pc i can run it on 1600 ram or won't works good
4) i think 128 enough for now :) doesnt matter if i get + 10-30 mb/s or not :) i best 128 gb ssd so what should i go after
5)i found this Antec Kuhler H2O 920 Liquid CPU Cooler System http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OD7N0O is it good or Corsair H100 is better )

last thing please tell me should i get gtx 690 evga or asus
thanksx

obsama1

Distinguished
For gaming, you went overboard on every component. It's better to buy a midrange system now, and with the money you save, get a midrange system in the future.

All you need is a 670, i5-3570K, and 8GB of 1600.

And do you really need the UPS?

And you just need a 650w.

msallak1

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
obsama1 : i dont want buy new pc every 1-2 years
and i don't think those parts price will decrease that much in future

i cant fnd the cooling system in amazon give me link plz

and for ssd which should i get samsung or crusial

thanks

for gaming you are best off sticking with a quad core i5 for now. There is virturally no difference between the i5 and the 2011i7 systems for most games (unless you are doing 3-7 monitor setups where you need the extra support). When the new consoles come out next year then we will get a better feel for what technologies games will be using in the future. Buying the high end now with the hope that games made 2-5 years from now will take advantage of that hardware is just an expensive gamble. I mean, if you have the money then go for it, it would be a sweet rig, but if what you are doing never touches the hardware then why buy it?

msallak1

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
no i wont buy i5
i think i will just collect my money and think about and will get best items so always will get best performance.
i want ask i want good motherboard for my 3930k and gtx690 but not too expensive
and want nice and cheap case which will take all my components without being crowded
i found many cases in amazon but which one is best?

last question : some guys told me that ssd samsun or crucial are best ssd . for u what u think is best OCZ or what?

thanks

What you fail to realize is that a computer is a system, with each component interacting with eachother, and the bottleneck of a system is what determines your maximum performance.

Think of it this way:
10 years ago there was a massive amount of difference in hardware between cards that could barely disply still images without issue, and hardware that could play '3D' games that even a cell phone could play better now. The same will be true of today's hardware: 5-10 years from now games will require so much more performance from a system that hardware available today simply gets dwarfed. Yes, a 690 will fair better and longer than a 670 or 680, but it is a matter of a year of extended use, not many more years. Especially with a console release next year (nintendo this year so dosn't count lol), we are going to see explosive amounts of extra hardware requirements over the next 3-4 years before things begin to level off again.

But here is the kicker: high end hardware (and software) is SPECIALIZED. It is not a simple matter of an i7 having more computer power over an i5, or a 2011i7 having more raw power than a 1155i7 that makes them faster. What makes them faster are the extra instruction sets, the extra cores, higher frequencies, more parallelism, more robust caching systems, etc. But if the software never takes advantage of that specialized hardware, then there is NO PERFORMANCE DIFFERENCE AT ALL. iTunes will run equally on an i3 all the way up to a 2011i7 if the CPU clock is the same, and actuially an i3 Ivy Bridge would theoretically even beat out the i7 (clock per clock) because the general CPU architecture is more efficient. But at the same time things like Adobe Premiere simply won't run well at all on an i3, will run OK on an i5, run acceptably on an i7, and smooth as butter (assuming you have apropriate storage and ram) on a 2011i7 because the software is DESIGNED to take advantage of those extra cores and extensions.

For current games, even the highest end games only use a MAX of 4 cores, and from what has been said from Intel and others, this is not going to change any time soon. This means that Intel (and others) believe next gen consoles will still only be equivilant to a quad core desktop CPU. That means that those extra 2 cores simply hang out and do relatively nothing except add complexity to the CPU architecture which makes it hotter and harder to OC well, which holds back performance, it does not give extra performance.

2011 motherboards are nearing a year old, and are lacking some of the modern interfaces that current gen 1155 mobos have (like extra SATA3 and USB3 ports). 2011 has quad channel DDR... but that adds no performance to gaming.

Also, think of your 690. An overclocked 1155 i5 or i7 is more than capable of pushing enough data to the GPU without bottleneck. Sites have done tests and found that there is very little performance difference between the 2 platforms (for gaming anyways), because the CPUs can do their job very well.

Now: Is there a use case for a 2011 gaming rig? ABSOLUTELY! If you are running an extreme system with quad SLi (4x680) then you NEED 2011 because the platform has more PCIe3 lanes that are required to push that many cards. But for a single card configuration a PCIe3 x16 slot will only take 16 lanes, and Ivy Bridge can do that quite handilly.

Moving on:
Crucial SSDs are great and have a good reputation because of reliability, not speed. In fact, by today's standards the Crucial drives are even considered 'slow' due to their write speeds and lack of compressible data boost that is enjoyed by other chips. But they are still very good drives.
Samsung is simply the best out there at the moment, so if you are concerned about speed, then those are the drives for you.

WTHm: If you are building such an expensive rig then why the hell would you skimp out on the motherboard? The mobo is (2nd to the power supply) the most important single part in your system when it comes to features, stability, overclocking, and longevity of your system. I am not saying that you need some crazy $500 board in order to have a good system, but that is one part that you simply do not look for the lowest possible thing that will work unless you are expecting to burn through the board and replace it in short order. Get a good mid-level ASUS board that has the connectivity features that you want, you will thank me later for it.

For cases; If you are building a monster rig with large parts, then you are going to simply need a large case to put it all in. However, the 690 is not exactly a large card (especially compared to some previous gen high end cards), and running a single card will not require anything bigger than a standard mid-tower. If you are running up to 6 HDD/SSDs then you can fit those fairly comfortably in a mid-tower as well. However, if sticking with 2011 motherboards, you may need a full tower or E-ATX (extended ATX) tower to fit your motherboard into. Big towers are expensive because nobody needs them. Even big towers that have very few features are expensive because they are only going to sell a small handful of them throughout their product cycle.

Amazon is rarely the place to get the best prices (or support) on electronics. Look into newegg, ncix, and microcenter. Every once in a while Amazon will have a good deal on something, but you can never expect much in the way of honoring return policy, or even that what you are purchasing is new and not refurbished. Meanwhile the other 3 have excellent prices, and are all known for having very good and consistent customer support.

Lastly: If you have this kind of money to burn, and are obviously kinda new to computer hardware, then why would you not just purchase a pre-built system from someone like Falcon? Sure, they are expensive, but they know what they are doing, where you do not. They will OC your system and get the most potential out of it without frying it, where you will not. They will warranty your hardware, where if you build this yourself and break it then you get to buy new parts because you will void your warranty.

If you are dead set on building your own I would really suggest that you build a few moderate level PCs to learn what you are doing and better understand the pitfalls of system building, then sell those (for a profit of course), and build your monster rig once you know what you are getting, why you are getting it, and can put it together properly.

Solution

msallak1

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
thaks alot :)

now i rethink about

this is my final build tell me if there are better choices
and need some help
--------------------
Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SZ0EOW

SAMSUNG 830 Series 2.5-Inch 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0077CR66A

Corsair Professional Series HX1050 80 Plus Silver Certified 1050-Watt Power Supply Compatible with Intel and AMD Platforms
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00539M4M0

EVGA GeForce GTX690 Signature 4096MB GDDR5 512bit (should i get evga or asus version ???)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008544ZIQ

CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD PFC Compatible 1500VA 900W Pure Sine Wave Tower UPS
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00429N19W

Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CSIG1G

x2 Corsair Vengeance Blue 8 GB (2X4 GB) PC3-12800 1600mHz (should i buy this or should get g.skill because they are smaller)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QBUL1C

Corsair Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051U7HMS

Logitech G9X Gaming Mouse Call of Duty: MW3 Edition
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005S0KHIC

Lite-On LightScribe 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002SIMPXM

---------------------------
now case , motherboard and monitor
===========
first : case

i need good case which has many options with good cooling system and allow me to put liquid cooling system

i found

1) Azza HURRICAN 2000 Full Tower Computer Case
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00457X10A

2) Cooler Master HAF X - Full Tower Computer Case
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003S68Q0Y/

3) Nzxt Technologies Phantom with Green Trim (Green LED) Enthusiast Full Tower Case
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WO17UC

which one have best cooling system and can put all my components in it
and if there better case than those 3 cases please tell me

---------------------------
second : mother board

i don't know much about them i need help. i want nice motherboard which i can overclock my cpu well without problems and i want motherboard have many features and upgradeables

i may will overclock the cpu if i needed to do that :)
-----------------------
third : monitor

i want best 27 inch monitor which has everything (i don't want 3d monitor ) and have good response time (2ms or less)
i found

1) Asus VE278Q 27-Inch Full-HD LED Monitor with Integrated Speakers
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043T34RK

2) Acer H274HL BMID 27-Inch LED Widescreen LCD Display
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052DHFX0

if there are better monitors tell me please
------------
BTW if you want tell me which keyboard i should buy for games i am listening :)

thanks for help

I think you will be much happier with this type of build. Nothing is being wasted, and it should still last a good long time.

For the GPU; both ASUS and EVGA are great. Get whichever one comes with the best warranty or goodies.

For the case; any of those would work, personally I would get the NZXT, but that is entirely a personal preference

For the Mobo; For high end systems you should stick with ASUS. Make sure that it is z77, 4 ram slots, and enough other connectors to grow with the system (space for a 2nd GPU, and enough SATA ports for as many HDDs/SSDs that you plan to install in the future).

For the Monitor; While Acer has gotten a lot better over the last few years, they are still the budget company that cuts corners. I own a few of their products myself, but then again I am not demanding the same type of performance that you are looking for. You would probably be happiest with ASUS between the two, but I think you should really look at some of the high end Dell and HP monitors as they are absolutely jaw-dropping gorgeous. Of course Apple Cinema displays are also phenomenal (the only apple product I ever take seriously) if you have money to spend.

I have been told by many that I have terrible taste in keys/mice. I am truly a child of the '80s, and I like my keyboards large and loud, and my mice wired, so I am probably not the best person to ask on that front. However, for consumer grade keys/mice then you definitely want to look at Logitech as they make excelent and high quality products. But if you are looking for something more exotic then look at mice like the RAT, or some of the new touch mice that are designed for win8 which have gesture and multi-touch support. For keyboards there are all kinds of backlit boards, or ones with LED/LCD displays built in that may peak your interest. But like I said, I am happy with my very basic and very loud and heavy keyboard, so I am not up on what is really available.

For input devices you may also want to look into a webcam, which logitech makes some of the best ones.
Also there is a company called Leap Motion which makes a new gesture interface for computers. They are currently $70 on preorder and will be released next year, but they look really convincing, and I will probably use my Christmas money on one.

For the monitor: yes, it is not 'meant for gaming' but they fixed the ghosting issues for ips screens a very long time ago, and they work very well, and look infinately better than a TN display. I have a 27" TN display, and my friend has a 27" Dell ips display, and the difference in quality is worth all $500 of the difference in price tag.

For the power supply, go ahead and trust actuial user reviews over my own opinions as they obviously have first hand expierence on the matter, but you are talking about a 5% efficiency gain moving up to gold, and if your computer is on all the time then that is going to make a good difference over the 8+ years that a quality power supply will last. And when the more efficient supply costs less to begin with then it is kinda one of those no-brainer moments. But if the reviews show that there is a QC issue, or some other flaw in the newer design, then by all means get the older one. Both are excelent power supplies, so either one would do just fine.

For the mobo: yep, that is one swank mobo. I am curious about what feature this board has that you 'must have' for your build compared to some of their cheaper-yet-still-awesome boards. From what I am seeing in comparing the two, the more expensive board has a slightly better audio chipset, a 2nd lan port, and a RAID controller for the extra 2 SATA3 ports. Other than that they are nearly identical boards, so if you do not need any of those features then you should stick with the cheaper one.