Battlefield 2 Demo truth or hoax?

Battlefield 2 demo to be released on friday june 10th with an exclusive
with Gamespot. I'm sure though an hour after they release it, it will
be all over the net.

Is it true?

--
Skclown

'' (http://www.tdgamers.com/)

In article <1118102930.2189477652dd2db8f91aae0b9fa12b32@teranews>,
Skclown.1q8c6m@no-mx.Usenet-gateway says...
> Battlefield 2 demo to be released on friday june 10th with an exclusive
> with Gamespot. I'm sure though an hour after they release it, it will
> be all over the net.
>
> Is it true?

Lets wait till Friday now shall we? :)
--
"Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and
beat you with experience."

Andrew

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 20:08:53 -0400, Skclown
<Skclown.1q8c6m@no-mx.Usenet-gateway> wrote:

>Battlefield 2 demo to be released on friday june 10th with an exclusive
>with Gamespot. I'm sure though an hour after they release it, it will
>be all over the net.

Dunno if it is true, but it could be a dumb move. All the major mirror
sites got together a while back and said they wouldn't host any demos
that were previously "exclusives", so they might limit potential sales
in the future.

General

> On Mon, 6 Jun 2005 20:08:53 -0400, Skclown
> <Skclown.1q8c6m@no-mx.Usenet-gateway> wrote:
>

>>Battlefield 2 demo to be released on friday june 10th with an exclusive
>>with Gamespot. I'm sure though an hour after they release it, it will
>>be all over the net.
>
> Dunno if it is true, but it could be a dumb move. All the major mirror
> sites got together a while back and said they wouldn't host any demos
> that were previously "exclusives", so they might limit potential sales
> in the future.
> --

Andrew, while technically you are correct and I thought that those sites did
a wonderfull thing, unfortunately it didn't work. www.shacknews.com was one
of those sites that participated in the boycott and if I remember correctly
actually initiated the boycott. Then 2 months later had an exclusive demo of
their own, iow, it was all utter bullshit. I actually cancelled my mercury
account in protest over that. They tried to say that since their exclusive
was a beta and not a demo it didn't count. IMHO, it sure counted as the
point was to get rid of exclusives not just exclusive demos.

"Skclown" posed:

> Is it true?

who knows, but on previous releases they have:

Released on a Friday (around 22-24:00 gmt)
Announced it at least a week before in their newsletter
Released to the EA FTP server first

L.