Speakers - Creative Inspire 5700 & Logitech Z-680

skiZtch

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
I'm going for a 5.1 system with an external decoder. So far the two systems that stand out are the Creative Inspire 5700 and the Logitech Z-680. The biggest difference that i've noted is that the Inspire is only like 50W whereas the logitech is 400. How could there be such a difference between two very closely priced, good quality speakers systems?

Also, if anyone has any recommendations on 5.1/external decoder systems, let me know

Syndil

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2003
Actually I was just explaining in <A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/ce/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=15631#15631" target="_new">this thread</A> how manufacturer's specs on audio gear are useless. Best thing for you to do is get to a local PC shop - CompUSA, Bestbuy, whatever you have in your area - and do a listening comparison of each set. Or just look for subjective reviews on each system and try to base your decision on those. With consumer grade audio gear, specs are always inflated. In this case, it looks like the Creative's specs are simply less inflated than the Logitech's. Either way, you can't make an educated decision with only those numbers.

<font color=white><b>_________________________________________________</font color=white></b>
Armadillo<font color=orange>[</font color=orange><font color=green>TcC</font color=green><font color=orange>]</font color=orange> at Lanwar and MML

Krazy

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2002
I have the Creative Inspire Digital 5700

all i can say is that they are GREAT,
Though i have been to a store and checked out the logitech, some would argue they are better, I wouldn't, but what i really don't like is the logitechs appearance, they're ugly.

And with the Wattage, it's not what it seems, it's just different ways companies measure and display the info, read up on it and you'll see. (because i'm not to much of an expert:)

But as i said, the Creative speakers are excellent in sound, surround sound and looks, and especially if you own a Creative card i.e. Audigy level and up, cos they have a special cable connection which is just one cable.

<font color=red>If My Dog Had A Face As Ugly As Yours, I'd Shave Its Bum and Walk It Backwards!</font color=red>