Sign in with
Your question

I3 2120 magically fixed after RMA

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
January 28, 2013 8:26:18 PM

I had a i3 2120, it died, or so I thought. Basically, before sending the items back I had two processors at hand, the i3 2120 that I believed to be dead, and an i5 2320. I tried the i3 with two motherboards, two sets of RAM, two power supplies, GPU plugged in, GPU not in etc. and no matter what I did whatever system had the i3 in, the screen would show 'no input', tested this with a TV and a monitor, and from the HDMI output from one motherboard, the VGA output from another motherboard, and HDMI output from a graphics card.

Now, no matter what combination of system I used with the i5, it worked fine. I'm by no means an expert at all, if anyone can think of an explanation for this I'll gladly facepalm.

Whats the problem, and how come Scan.co.uk could get it to work when I sent them it, but I couldn't?

Sorry for long post. Just don't want to have to pay the shipping to get it back and have it again not work.

Thanks.
a b à CPUs
January 28, 2013 8:31:35 PM

They don't, they just replace it, ya silly goose. Your processor, by the sound of it, was most likely dead, and will be taken apart to have parts recycled to make a new processor.
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
January 28, 2013 10:08:30 PM

What I mean is they tested the processor to make sure it is actually broken, but they didn't find a fault in it.
!