Sign in with
Your question

Need new build. budget (please help)

Last response: in Systems
September 14, 2012 9:57:04 PM

hey, i am building a new build for £300/$486. I want the i5 3570k.
im going to need it for, some gaming. html/java coding. mutitasking.
i will mainly be using it for itunes, coding and facebook at the same time. everyday. please help me.

ive already have.
- a case
- hard drive
- power supply and box (500w)

More about : build budget

September 15, 2012 9:33:59 PM

I'm afraid you are asking the impossible, even if you already have SUITABLE case, hard drive, and PSU (knowing exactly what they were might help). The i5-3570K is unlocked processor, for overclocking. Just the CPU, cooler for it, and a reasonable overclocking motherboard, would set you back, effectively £300. That's without a graphics card. Even a fairly minimal GPU, for modern games, at good resolution, you really need to be thinking around £100, or more. Then you need, presumably, an optical drive. Have you got the peripherals, like keyboard, mouse, monitor, and operating system. You either need to substantially increase budget (how much depends if you already have "peripherals"), or you need to accept something a lot less than i5 (might even be impossible then, if you need peripherals). If you have monitor, we do need to know its resolution, to know what would be adequate, for it.
September 16, 2012 12:11:46 AM

you can probably do the tasks you specified with a intel pentium g620. it wouldnt be as powerful but will be more than enough for itunes, facebook and that sort of stuff
Related resources
September 16, 2012 12:17:25 AM

TheBigTroll said:
you can probably do the tasks you specified with a intel pentium g620. it would be as powerful but will be more than enough for itunes, facebook and that sort of stuff

I take it typo, and should read "wouldn't" be as...
September 16, 2012 10:48:26 AM

okay, so theres no point on getting an i5? i wont need it?
okay, forget the i5. would the
- AMD A8-3870K
or
- amd fx 4170
or
- amd phenom ii x4 965

if so which one would be the best for my needs?

i want to play games like - habbo, minecraft , and runescape
also, coding html/java.listen to music on itunes while browsing fb and the web ect?
please reply ? thanks
September 16, 2012 11:55:19 AM

Unless you are particularly interested in overclocking, for the "fun" of doing it, don't discount Intel, even if budget won't stretch to a full 3570K system. A good i3, even though you can't overclock it, will still beat most AMD QUAD cores, even overclocked, in most respects.
September 16, 2012 11:56:44 AM

+1. if you are just doing some basic work and some basic games, the a series are ok. if you need more CPU power, the i3s or pentiums provide that
!