Question about the MicroCenter AMD CPU bundles

I'm looking to build a budget gaming build, and I came across the MC AMD CPU + Mobo bundles. They look like a great deal, and i'm looking to buy the FX 6100 with the M5A78L-M LX PLUS Socket AM3+ 760G mATX for $115. My only concern with this is, I was searching around the internet, and many people say the FX series sucks for gaming. I'll be playing games like Planetside 2 and Battlefield 3 with a 7770. My only other option if I don't get this bundle is an AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE, but i'm not sure what motherboard i would go with, but I know it will be at least $65+, so that will run me around $165-$180 for that.

So... I could go with a FX 6100 with a M5A78L-M LX PLUS Socket AM3+ 760G mATX MOBO for $115, or I could stretch (don't know if i'll have enough money) for the AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE with some mobo that will be at least $65+.. adding up to at least $165+.

What are you opinions? Also, I know you can overclock the FX 6100 up to around 4.0GHz without it getting hot, which makes me want to buy it even more.
6 answers Last reply
More about question microcenter bundles
  1. Microcenter Feb. in store deals will allow you to get FX6300 for $120 and ASUS M5A97 R.2 for $45 more total $165, or you can stay with the M5A78L-m for $5, total $125. $10 more then you first choice but the 6300 is much better.
  2. djangoringo said:


    Well seeing as the i5-3570k bundle is over $200, that doesn't really fit into my bundle.. but the FX-6300 bundle looks pretty promising. Thanks!
  3. Goodeggray said:
    Microcenter Feb. in store deals will allow you to get FX6300 for $120 and ASUS M5A97 R.2 for $45 more total $165, or you can stay with the M5A78L-m for $5, total $125. $10 more then you first choice but the 6300 is much better.


    Yea, i'll probably go with the FX-6300 + 970DE3/USB3 Asrock for $140. Seems like a pretty good deal.
  4. MTSe7en said:
    Yea, i'll probably go with the FX-6300 + 970DE3/USB3 Asrock for $140. Seems like a pretty good deal.



    Hard to beat the price of those bundles. The only glaring omission on the cheap mobo's is the USB 3.0 ports.
  5. Cazalan said:
    Hard to beat the price of those bundles. The only glaring omission on the cheap mobo's is the USB 3.0 ports.


    Yeah, I guess i'm fortunate I have a MC around me.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs AMD