Sapphire Radeon 7850 Fan Grinding - Return?

I've had this new Sapphire 7850 for about a month now and I finally decided to download MSI Afterburner and do some light OC'ing. When playing around with the fan speeds I noticed from around 45%-70% fan speed the fan(s) make a very annoying grinding noise. It is at its loudest / most annoying around 55% fan speed. Is this normal? Or should I send it back? Note: I can't hear the fan grinding noise below 45% or above 70%
20 answers Last reply
More about sapphire radeon 7850 grinding return
  1. I would.
  2. Double check that there aren't any cables inside the case that could be touching the fan.
  3. Why would it only grind at certain speeds at not always if it was a wire though? I don't think that's it, but will check to be certain, 1 minute.
  4. Yep, not a wire.
  5. At higher speeds the fan will create a bigger suction force towards it potentially attracting nearby wires, but if that not's the case I too'd return it.
  6. Or just settle for Intel HD 4000 in the meantime
  7. Yea, I think I will end up returning it. I went 2 months without a PC, I guess I'll have to wait another couple of weeks... lol >.<
  8. Good luck with your next card.
  9. It's better than nothing, it's not like the only thing to do with a PC is playing games ;)
  10. Thank you :) And thanks for the advice.
  11. Absolutely return it and do it fast.
  12. Matt1990 said:
    Or just settle for Intel HD 4000 in the meantime

It is enough to post on this forum. Lol and can do some minimal gaming.
  13. You're welcome.
  14. wiinippongamer said:
    It's better than nothing, it's not like only thing to do with a PC is playing games ;)

Err..Uhm.... Yea.. I defenitely don't JUST game... :P
  15. Just so you know wiinippongamer that damn cockroach is driving me nuts.. I want to squash it with my cursor.
  16. Matt1990 said:
    Just so you know wiinippongamer that damn cockroach is driving me nuts.. I want to squash it with my cursor.

:sol:
  17. Hmm amazon says it has to be returned within 30 days. I think its been exactly 30 days..
  18. Try contacting Sapphire itself.
  19. I wonder if they have to receive the item by 30 days, or the return through amazon has to be completed by 30 days, not counting shipping
  20. Not sure, never had to go through a return process with amazon, I do think it's 30 day since you receive the item though.

Either way Sapphire's 3 year warranty should take care of it if they find it has the same problem.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Fan Sapphire Fan Speed Graphics