Solved

New Trading Platform PC

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this month

Budget Range: (e.g.: 300-400) $750 - $1000 After Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Stock trading PC and possibly simulations.

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: (e.g.: CPU, mobo, RAM) **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using**

Do you need to buy OS: No I should have a copy of Windows 7 or XP Pro to use.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Any online or store retailer

Parts Preferences: by brand or type - Intel processor, I was thinking i5 or i7

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: Is it bad that I don't know these two terms.

Your Monitor Resolution: At least 2 monitors at 1280x1024. Probably will upgrade to 3 or 4 at same resolution. It would be nice if the video card had two dvis. Or any suggestions for my monitor setup. A card with an HDMI might be nice if I were to mount a additional TV above the setup on the wall.

Additional Comments: I would like it close to OEM in terms of noise. I would like to run a RAID 1 setup with 2 1TB hard drives for backup redundancy. So suggestions on a RAID controller. I was thinking around 8GB of ram. Nothing flashy or fancy needed. Just smooth and quick.
My current setup is over 10 years old and needs to go.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about trading platform
  1. Best answer
  2. Thanks for the suggestion iDroid.
    Question 1. What makes the i5 processors ending in a K better. Like the i5-3570K?

Question 2. Can I split the two DVI ports to do four monitors? Or would I just buy another GTX 660? If I had to do another GPU would I need a larger PSU.
  3. drewcam888 said:
    Thanks for the suggestion iDroid.
    Question 1. What makes the i5 processors ending in a K better. Like the i5-3570K?

Question 2. Can I split the two DVI ports to do four monitors? Or would I just buy another GTX 660? If I had to do another GPU would I need a larger PSU.

the suffix "K" means that the CPU can be overclocked.

the only reason i linked an Nvidia card was because i tought you might be doing some simulations and CUDA can come in handy for those situations... if not i would have recommended a 7850 which can output video to four monitors and has a MUCH BETTER performance in OpenCL applications.
  4. How would I split the one dvi from a 7850 to 4 monitors?
  5. drewcam888 said:
    How would I split the one dvi from a 7850 to 4 monitors?

The 7850 has 1 Dual link DVI, 1 HDMI and 2 mini display ports and it comes with adapters.
  6. Any 7850 gpu manufacturers to avoid?
  7. drewcam888 said:
    Any 7850 gpu manufacturers to avoid?

EVGA, Zotac, Galaxy, ECS, PNY, sparkle .... :lol: just kidding... those are nvidia-only manufacturers.

buy this 7870: http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/newegg/his-video-card-h787q2g2m it cost the same as a 7850 after the mail-in-rebate and has a fairly better performance.
  8. Out of stock but I can find a replacement. thanks
  9. drewcam888 said:
    Out of stock but I can find a replacement. thanks

You're welcome! if you have no further questions then pick a best answer to close this thread!
  10. Best answer selected by drewcam888.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product