What do I need for this card to operate?

Hi, I plan on getting a "EVGA 02G-P4-2678-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card" (name extracted straight from newegg), though my current computer stats are the following:
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Athlon II X2 245
Regor 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 401MHz (6-6-6-15)
Motherboard
ASRock N68-VS3 UCC (CPUSocket)
Graphics
HP 2011 (1600x900@60Hz)
1023MB GeForce GT 520 (Gigabyte)
Hard Drives
977GB Hitachi Hitachi HDS721010CLA SCSI Disk Device (ATA)
Optical Drives
ATAPI iHAS124 B SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

As you can see, its a paperweight. So, I think all i would need for this card to function would be a new power supply.

What I need, is for you to suggest a cheap and well functioning power supply, along with the other parts you think i might need.

At the moment, i think I might have around $200 for additional parts, though if its absolutely necessary I can save until the next paycheck.

Thanks for all the help!
6 answers Last reply
More about what card operate
  1. What power supply are you running?

And that processor is going to be a heavy bottleneck for the card. I wouldnt recommend doing it unless you have a better system to do it on.
  2. For it to work all you would need is a good 750w PSU, but for it to have its full potential unleashed... you'd need a new system.
  3. Deemo13 said:
    What power supply are you running?

And that processor is going to be a heavy bottleneck for the card. I wouldnt recommend doing it unless you have a better system to do it on.

Being the chump I am, couldn't tell ya. are you recommending a new processor and motherboard? I was thinking of that earlier, though I have no idea of going about and check the availability for the two items to be compatible.
  4. I'm sorry to ask this of the community, but some help with newegg links would be much appreciated.
  5. Best answer selected by keeth33.
  6. Maybe get a new i5. With the 670 budget you can make something insane.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics