Window XP requirements

What are the minimum requirements of the operating system, windows xp?
4 answers Last reply
More about window requirements

    d3ath_r0w@hotmail.com wrote:
    > What are the minimum requirements of the operating system, windows xp?

    Minimum reported specs?
    Or Minimum tried and tested specs?

    Five editions of Windows XP compared
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/evaluation/compare.mspx

    Windows XP Professional System Requirements
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/evaluation/sysreqs.mspx

    Windows XP Home Edition System Requirements
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/evaluation/sysreqs.mspx

    In actuality..
    I recommend at least a 1Ghz processor and 256MB to 512MB memory - minimum.
    The less your processor - the more you need to go for the upper amount of
    memory. You can go more memory and processor - of course.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    In news:1123648322.009838.134300@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com,
    d3ath_r0w@hotmail.com <d3ath_r0w@hotmail.com> typed:

    > What are the minimum requirements of the operating system,
    > windows xp?

    Others have pointed you to web sites with the official minimums.
    But it's important to realize that official minimums are not the
    same as practical minimums.

    Realistically, you need at least

    a 400MHz processor
    256MB of RAM