Will my CPU bottleneck a GTX 670 4gb SC

eden2012

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
Hey everyone, I currently have a AMD Phenom 2 X6(6 cores) 1055T 2.8 Ghz and im planning on buying Evga's GTX 670 4gb SC(superclocked) edition. My fear is that my CPU may not be strong enough and render the extra vram and such useless...will it bottleneck?

Solution
The extra VRAM is useless anyway unless you're playing on multiple monitors. Go with the 2gb version and save yourself some money.
If you do a little overclocking, I think you'll be just fine. You may have a little trouble when, in the future, you add another 670 (SLI is the perfect upgrade), but you can cross that bridge when you come to it. If you don't already have one, get yourself a nice third-party CPU heatsink with the money you save off the 4gb GPU.
The extra VRAM is useless anyway unless you're playing on multiple monitors. Go with the 2gb version and save yourself some money.
If you do a little overclocking, I think you'll be just fine. You may have a little trouble when, in the future, you add another 670 (SLI is the perfect upgrade), but you can cross that bridge when you come to it. If you don't already have one, get yourself a nice third-party CPU heatsink with the money you save off the 4gb GPU.

Solution