Random freezes since yesterday.

cross18

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
I have a six month old system that has worked flawlesly since I built it about 6 month ago. Starting yesterday morning the computer has just started to freeze randomly and requires a full hard restart. It can happen during gaming or just while browsing the internet. I have run all the virus and mailware software I have and nothing comes up. I haven't downloaded anything or changed anything since the issue started.

I5-2500K
Sapphire AMD 7900 series with 12.8 drivers
16gb ram
64gb ssd

There is nothing overheating and nothing is overclocked. If the computer goes to sleep or whatever it is the screen goes black and there is just a blinking white cursor in the top left of the screen and it needs to be hard restarted again. Not sure what else to do at this point, it just started out of no where. Thanks for any help

cross18

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
I have gone through trying to verify if it is a hardware problem, I received the blue screen crash last night but it restarted so fast I didn't have time to read what it said.

cross18

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
So I updated my bios on my motherboard which in turn crashed Windows 7. After which I decided to just reinstall Windows 7 on my SSD. After installing Windows 7, I started to update Windows and reinstall all the drivers and programs again and the computer froze again. After I restarted it my SSD was not in the boot options, so I ended up taking my SSD out and checking the cables (none were loose).

After un-attaching and re-attaching the SATA cable to the SSD it was recognized and booted up normally. Could this be an SSD issue or a SATA issue. The SATA cable was new when installed in the build and has only been in there for about 6 months. Would a bad SSD start working simply by reconnecting the cable or is it probably just a cable issue?