Sign in with
Your question

Display problems need urgent help please

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 27, 2012 6:36:22 AM

hello this is gonna be a long thread so please pay full attention ive been struggling with this issue for quite some time and its so frustrating and no one has gave me anything helpful online or irl its really frustrating also my english may not be perfect but its understandable

THe issue is that i got a new video card ATI radeon hd 5450 i installed the card into my mobo's PCI slot and everything and installed the driver the card worked amazingly for 3 days

and then after that the screen started going black for 2 seconds and then going back to normal repeatedly I searched for help both online and irl and people said (bad drivers u didnt install the card right , u didnt turn of onboard vga from bios setup ) i have tried re installing drivers and onboard vga is disabled automatically i have even downloaded a new windows if i had corrupted registry or anything and re installed the drivers countless times and still the same issue

And then i thought maybe then its something wrong with the card itself i took the card and i installed it ina friends PC and it worked fine no blinking no flickering no black screens no anything

my pc specs:

intel pentium D cpu 2.80 GHZ

32 operating system

Two more things id like to add:

1) from all the meh help i got from people i think it may be my powersupply not powering the video card enough

2)and about that i decided to check my friends powersupply it didnt say anything about its wattage it just said 230 Volt can someone tell me how much wattage is that would really appreciate this

NOTE** please make sure what u are talking about and not be like me lolz im struggling with this for too long i really appreciate help
July 27, 2012 6:51:48 AM

All I can think of:

Do you notice more flickering etc when you do anything that might tax your powersupply more? You could go and grab Furmark or a similar program to stress your card and thus increase its power demands. If you get your problems particularly while doing this it might indicate that its something to do with your power supply. This is also easier than sussing out what wattage your PSU is.

OR

Have you checked what version of PCIe you have on your MotherBoard? You might benefit from updating the BIOS on your MB as the card is a lot newer than your chipset. There are some rare compatibility issues between PCIe 2.1 and the earlier versions. Apart from updating the BIOS on your motherboard and hoping that they have addressed any such issues there is no cheap or quick fix for this though.

Well thats my 2 cents. Good Luck.
m
l
July 27, 2012 6:56:26 AM

The_Healer said:
All I can think of:

Do you notice more flickering etc when you do anything that might tax your powersupply more? You could go and grab Furmark or a similar program to stress your card and thus increase its power demands. If you get your problems particularly while doing this it might indicate that its something to do with your power supply. This is also easier than sussing out what wattage your PSU is.

OR

Have you checked what version of PCIe you have on your MotherBoard? You might benefit from updating the BIOS on your MB as the card is a lot newer than your chipset. There are some rare compatibility issues between PCIe 2.1 and the earlier versions. Apart from updating the BIOS on your motherboard and hoping that they have addressed any such issues there is no cheap or quick fix for this though.

Well thats my 2 cents. Good Luck.

Nope once i put my card in and open my pc it starts the black screen and heats insanely fast and does the 2 second black screen right away
I can upgrade my powersupply but i need alot of confirmation on things such as (will it damage my old mobo?) and by that i mean will the power supply damage my mobo and not the card
m
l
!