Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Hard drive format

Last response: in Systems
September 15, 2012 4:01:38 AM

i upgraded motherboards from the fi a75-v pro to the sabertooth 990 fx. should i have formated the hard drive and did a fresh install, or does everyone thing it was okay to just swap hard drives? i have a feeling i am not getting the performance i should. also, i tried the amd over drive and got a notice to reboot before the auto tune was complete, should i have ignored the reboot notice and let the auto tune finish? because now it doesnt seem quite right.

thanks to all

More about : hard drive format

a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
September 15, 2012 12:26:59 PM

depends on the OS. Win 7 should pick up the changes and install the generic drivers. you will need to install the MB specific drivers manually. Win 7 will also need to re-validate.

I would do a fresh install though. but that's just me.
m
l
September 15, 2012 7:36:48 PM

Thank you for you're answer, I did find a couple of drivers from the other motherboard, I deleted them and saw an immediate improvment. As far as the amd overdrive is concerned, did I mess up my rebooting before it had a chance to complete? And if so, should I try again and let it complete the cycle?
Thanks again
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
September 16, 2012 7:00:18 AM

tedds1 said:
Thank you for you're answer, I did find a couple of drivers from the other motherboard, I deleted them and saw an immediate improvment. As far as the amd overdrive is concerned, did I mess up my rebooting before it had a chance to complete? And if so, should I try again and let it complete the cycle?
Thanks again

try it again. make sure you got all the latest chipset drivers fromthe MB Manufacture's web site and the newest Overdrive app.
September 16, 2012 10:35:58 PM

sorry, i hope i am not being to much of a pest, but i have, i think one last question before i try the overdrive, i noticed i have two application profiles from amd dated a year ago. are they the overdrive settings from my last motherboard setup? and, if so should i delete them before using overdrive on my new motherboard and processor?
thank you for youre patience
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
a b V Motherboard
September 17, 2012 5:28:35 AM

tedds1 said:
sorry, i hope i am not being to much of a pest, but i have, i think one last question before i try the overdrive, i noticed i have two application profiles from amd dated a year ago. are they the overdrive settings from my last motherboard setup? and, if so should i delete them before using overdrive on my new motherboard and processor?
thank you for youre patience

rename them first, and it nothing bad happens delete them. if there not the current ones you shouldn't need them.
m
l
September 27, 2012 1:43:51 PM

Best answer selected by tedds1.
m
l
!