AMD FX6100 Running hot for no reason

dade911

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
I bought a hp h8 1214 I use for recording video I have the FX6100 CPU 16GB DDR3 1333 MHZ Corsair Ram with 2-3 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm Hard Drives. My CPU may be running at 10 or 15% but my frequency will Be running at 104 up 115%. Now i capture a lot of video i have a Happauge 1850 internal TV tuner. And a Happauge HD PVR 1212 Video Capture Device. With a Evga Nivida GTX560 Video card< And a Logitec PRO 920 Video camera. Can any of these devices even though their not turned on be the cause of my Problem. I have heard that the GIGABYTE 2ac8 1.2 Mother Board is plagued with Problems and that this hp product Is a $850.00 Lemon. Plus another 1000.00 in upgrades makes this one Expensive Paperweight. if i cant resolve the issues i will replace MOBO and Processor. HELP

Solution
First mistake buying an HP, second mistake taking it to Geek Squad to get it 'fixed." If the BIOS is really corrupted than that's it the motherboard is bricked. Someone there screwed up big time and I would demand they replace the motherboard or get you a new computer or you'll sue.

dade911

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
I will get the specifications when I get it back from the geek squad tomorrow they ran complete diagnostics and said that everything passed, Processor and motherboard ok. But I don't understand why the frequency is so high. I will post when I get it back thanks

dade911

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
Sorry I have not been online but the geek squad have crashed my pc they said that the bios is corrupted, But everything was fine when I took it to them. They admitted that when they done a bios update that something went wrong and they are trying to flash the bios back but I don't know that much about computers so I took it to them too look at and this is what I get. The computer is only 8 months old and it looks like I am going to have to buy a new motherboard. This is what I get with a 200.00 teck support card anyway I'm sending this thread on my I phone. Who should I get to replace my mono and CPU. I am thinking with going with the Gigabyte ga 990fxa ud5 motherboard. And a amd fx 8350 series 8 black edition because of all the external drives I will be using what do you good people think about that combination for 3d and video formattimg

First mistake buying an HP, second mistake taking it to Geek Squad to get it 'fixed." If the BIOS is really corrupted than that's it the motherboard is bricked. Someone there screwed up big time and I would demand they replace the motherboard or get you a new computer or you'll sue.

Solution

dade911

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
You are rite it was a mistake buying a hp, And taking it to the geek squad they called me and said that my video card was bad i raised so much heck with the store manager they upgraded my video card to a nivida gtx 660 ti and told me it was fixed so i went to get it and they left the clip of that holds the video card in place and they put that back on i took it home and they had forgot to hook up the 2 hard drive back up. I took it back and the motherboard would only recognize 758 GB of a 3 Tb drive they ran a scan and said that they could not get it fixed so now i am back at the store managers office trying to get this resolved now they say mob or hard drive.nivida is going to replace my 560 ti already got my RMA # anyway now for round 2