Wireless Limited or No Connectivity EasyNote R1935

nevergrowup

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Am about to throw my laptop through the window (still deciding whether to open it first) so hopefully one of you fantastic people can help me out.

One of my friends donated his Packard Bell Easynote R1935 to me and my Dell gave up the ghost.

So on receiving it I formatted and reinstalled Windows XP.

My friend hadn't got any of the disks for it so I downloaded the Drivers from the Packard Bell site.

Now I have two problems my lappy recognizes the wireless network and says I have a Strong signal, but I have "Limited or No Connectivity" I connected it Wired and got a connection, and it seemed to kick start the wireless and I got a Wireless connection. However once I restarted the lappy, the wireless signal again had "Limited or No Connectivity"

My other problem is probably minor but the whole system seems to lag, the page when scrolling jumps rather than goes smoothly.

Any help would be great

someone said the following:
Atheros 5BMB5

Funnily enough I've had the same problem. The driver on the Packard Bell website just hangs. However, I have found that the Intel(R) PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adaptor works.
Lenovo Support & downloads - Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI adapter software for Windows 2000/XP - ThinkPad R40, R50, R50e, R50p, R51, T40, T40p, T41, T41p, T42, T42p, X31, X40

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/1rwc89ww.exe

nevergrowup

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
Am using WAP protection, but it doesn't get that far!

Will try the Intel(R) PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adaptor drivers when I get in tonight

Thank you XD

TRENDING THREADS