Toshiba laptop not charging, AC jack replaced

bleucheese

Honorable
Jan 29, 2013
Hello, I have a toshiba satellite a215 running windows vista home premium. It was working just fine until somebody tripped over the power cord, causing it to be loose and not charge. I put some research into it and found that the problem was probably the DC jack. I ordered the specific one for my computer off amazon. Once it came, I opened up the laptop, took out the old part and replaced it with the new one. After putting the laptop back together, it still doesn't charge. Any ideas?

Edit: I meant DC jack

slappy_d0

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013
I've had to replace the jack in my toshiba a couple of times ow. It can be really finicky and your soldering must be exquisite Does it start charging if you add a little pressure to the cord in a given direction for a couple seconds?

slappy_d0

Honorable
Jan 8, 2013

Oops, my bad. I thought our machines were similar enough, but it looks like they finally solved the issue I had by making it so you can't wiggle the pins when you trip on the cord. Sounds like a faulty replacement unless the socket frame has a chassis ground point on it... Double check your cord socket.