System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, surfing net, movies,
Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, operating system, monitor, dvd rom,
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: any; (newegg, amazon. Frys electronics is about 21 miles from me; Microcenter is about 5 miles from me)
Parts Preferences: no preference;
SLI or Crossfire: no; not w/ the bit fenix prodigy case - unable to. and dont see the need for it.
Monitor Resolution: desired" 2560 x 1440p; eventually purchase 1 of those cinema displays from apple. either that or chance it w/ one of those cheaper catleap/shimian 300-400 $ monitor
Additional Comments: the goal of the build is centered around the Bitfenix Prodigy case. this case is a micro itx case so i went w/ a micro itx motherboard. Overall it will be this case w/ a gtx 670, suffecient enough power supply, core i5 or i7 w/ the goal of overclocking cpu and and video card (if possible). I want to keep this as cool as possible. here are the parts:
now the thing is, i fell in love w/ ssds on my last build. With this build i wanted to do a dual boot hackintosh windows os. The thing is i bought a copy of windows 7 server edition for 30 bucks. Problem is it needs a minimum of 160 gb of space. thats why i'm going w/ the 256 gb ssd.
I have 2 separate 2 tb lying around that i can stick in as well.
Also, to fit the gtx 670, i will have to remove the hard drive cage, which leaves me w/ 2 bays beneath the main cage for 2 3.5inch hard drives. the ssds can be mounted on the side of the case inside.
1. Can someone help w/ extra fans and cooling to keep this thing smoothe w/ enough room to overclock?
2. Can the video card be overclocked?
3. Is the psu sufficient for the aforementioned parts? is there a better power supply in similar price?
4. Is the gtx 670 sufficient to drive that kind of monitor resolution?
5. as for the memory - not understanding the different clocks and the benefits/price differences - am i able to support higher ram speeds/clocks/timings?...and if so, can someone point me towards a better ram module.
6. is this the best gtx 670 or is there a better one? at that price point?
I'm sure i have more questions...but as for now, this has been whats been rattling on upstairs. Thanks for all the assistance.