Closed Solved

CPU clocked speed vs CPU ID ?

I am trying to figure out how to read the speed of my CPU ID validation. Would the Frequency be the speed your CPU is running at ?

i.e. my Frequency is

CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 6 Cores - 6 Threads
CPU PSN : AMD FX-6200 Six-Core Processor
CPU EXT : MMX(+), SSE (1, 2, 3, 3S, 4.1, 4.2, 4A), x86-64, AMD-V, AES, AVX, XOP
CPUID : F.1.2 / Extended : 15.1
CPU Cache : L1 : 3 x 64 / 6 x 16 KB - L2 : 3 x 2048 KB
CPU Cache : L3 : 8192 KB
Core : Zambezi (32 nm) / Stepping : OR-B2
Freq : 1615.43 MHz (230.78 * 7)

Does this seem right ?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about clocked speed
  1. Yus. CPU frequency is your CPU speed.
  2. Best answer
    Yeah the frequency. AMD has a build in method of reducing clock speed at idle to save power, I can't remember what it's called. If you run a game or something else cpu intensive and then check cpuz you should see the frequency at it's default value.
  3. Freq : 1615.43 MHz (230.78 * 7)

Is your current speed
  4. wanderer11 said:
    Yeah the frequency. AMD has a build in method of reducing clock speed at idle to save power, I can't remember what it's called. If you run a game or something else cpu intensive and then check cpuz you should see the frequency at it's default value.

Cool'n'Quiet?
  5. wanderer11 said:

Mhm. Like Intel's Speedstep.

You can turn it off if you want, but there's not much reason to. Some people think having it off makes for more stable overclocking, but I think that's a thing of the past.
  6. mi1ez said:
    Cool'n'Quiet?

Is that what it's called? Aw man, AMD, what are you doing. That's a terrible name lol.
  7. Awesome. Thanks for the quick responses everyone.
  8. Best answer selected by OS Outlawz.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Core Cache AMD