Sign in with
Your question
Closed

NVDIA Videocard and Modem results to overheating?

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 27, 2012 3:51:50 PM

Hi guys! I just got a very very weird situation and problem! I hope you guys can help me out. Well the problem is my video card is heating up (Downloaded EVGA Precision and Speccy to do this). At first my first video card Inno3d 560 ti overheat and burnt so i got it replace with my supplier with another Inno3d 560 TI. Now its brand new and running for just 2 days i noticed again the problem its the same problem as the first videocard that i had (it keeps overheating even when in idle) 75C Degrees on idle mode (No apps opened) well thats not good right? So i tried to make an another diagnose and observation of my cpu. Then i found out that when i opened up my MODEM and it connects itself to the internet. I notice that the degrees starting from something like 45-55C increases to and climbs up to 75C! (That's still idle and didn't open up yet my web browser). If i tried to swith the modem off the temp tried to clutch down slowly. It is really weird! Does any of you guys experienced or knows this type of problem? Please help me! I really need help i am really so pissed right now and for the last month.

P.S. I only use stock fans from CPU to my GPU. Please don't tell me to clean up my PC i clean it up atleast a month and cleaned it last 2 days ago but got still the same effect. Also please don't even suggest the airflow because i got 2 inwards (Front \ side) and outwards (back). Thank you guys! I hope you can help me! :ouch: 

More about : nvdia videocard modem results overheating

a b Î Nvidia
July 27, 2012 4:50:15 PM

It's not good for sure. I really doubt your modem has to do with anything though. What's your power supply unit?
Score
July 27, 2012 6:51:03 PM

Sunius said:
It's not good for sure. I really doubt your modem has to do with anything though. What's your power supply unit?

aerocool strike x 600w. Hmm i hope some angel pass by lol i really need help. I also think about the MOBO? Maybe some malfunction? lol gonna forsake Gigabyte if thats gonna be it.
Score
Related resources
July 27, 2012 7:40:22 PM

75 at idle is insane, your modem has nothing to do with your graphics card so don't worry about that. By modem do you mean a program that your modem is associated with?

Score
July 27, 2012 7:59:37 PM

when u say iddle, have you checked on evga precision to ensure ur clock and memory speeds are iddling, some programs can cuase them to clock up and heat up ur card even tho appear to be iddling. you are only using one monitor ? ensure in the nvidia control pannel you have power management set to adaptive
Score
July 28, 2012 6:46:44 AM

UPDATE: I just get my modem changed by our telecom supplier so i got my modem exchange for a new one. But still when i open the modem itself it still increases the temperature. :( 

EVGA Precision X GPU Clock adjust bar is always at 822Mhz and Memory Clock is at 2004MhZ. and yes i am using only 1 monitor (AOC Monitor). Yes it is in Adaptive mode and it is not in Maximum mode.

Anyway i got a weird solution to this problem of mine. Whenever i increase the GPU Clock adjust bar from 822Mhz to 1023 Mhz it freezes up and the 296.10 driver kernel is not responding bla bla bla pops up again then the GPU temp decreases until 40-50 even im surfing the net. Quick solution but i do not think if this is healthy or not because that method is the one i used before my first videocard (Before it burnt out and doesn't do any display anymore). But after i put it to 1023Mhz and freezes up i quickly click the Default button so the slide bar goes to 822Mhz again. Well i don't want to screw up again this 2nd Videocard of mine again so i am not using that method as possible.

Help me guys please? Thanks! :( 
This Inno3d 560ti pisses me off lol.
Score
July 28, 2012 6:57:09 AM

Yea I wouldn't do that...... possibly your PSU not providing stable power. Its not the worst brand in the world, but not the best either. Do you have another available to test it?
Score
a b Î Nvidia
July 28, 2012 7:23:43 AM

I would try the card in a buddie's computer or something else to see if its the card or not.
Score
July 28, 2012 2:05:36 PM

the reason ur card is so hot at iddle is because it is not switching out of 3d mode. u say the GPU Clock adjust bar is always at 822Mhz and Memory Clock is at 2004MhZ. this is not where they should at iddle and will cuase the card to heat up. something is preventing your card to switch to 2d iddle mode
Score
July 28, 2012 5:39:18 PM

weezys_advocate said:
the reason ur card is so hot at iddle is because it is not switching out of 3d mode. u say the GPU Clock adjust bar is always at 822Mhz and Memory Clock is at 2004MhZ. this is not where they should at iddle and will cuase the card to heat up. something is preventing your card to switch to 2d iddle mode

So tell me the answer please and how do i solve this? I hope the one you are saying is the solution! Please provide me the full answer on what should i do if that is what you think the problem? Please? Thank you.
Score
July 28, 2012 6:22:25 PM

paddys09 said:
Yea I wouldn't do that...... possibly your PSU not providing stable power. Its not the worst brand in the world, but not the best either. Do you have another available to test it?

No i don't have other computer to try it on
Score
a b Î Nvidia
July 28, 2012 7:12:05 PM

Update to the latest drivers.
Score
July 29, 2012 10:24:52 AM

I think the latest drivers are buggy? and i updated last time from 280 to 296 driver.

P.S. Someone! Somebody! Look i really need help please!
Score
July 29, 2012 4:00:26 PM

If you think they are buggy then remove the new driver, then download and install the old one.
Score
July 30, 2012 5:40:20 AM

I already tried changing drivers before my first video card. Do you really think its the cause of my main problem?
Score
July 31, 2012 8:56:29 AM

weezys_advocate said:
when u say iddle, have you checked on evga precision to ensure ur clock and memory speeds are iddling, some programs can cuase them to clock up and heat up ur card even tho appear to be iddling. you are only using one monitor ? ensure in the nvidia control pannel you have power management set to adaptive

Where are you answer this pleasE?
Score
July 31, 2012 9:10:26 AM

Its very difficult to say, I do think it has something to do with an application that you are using.

When you say 75c at idle it sounds very odd, considering this happened to you on another card.

Download MSI Afterburner, run it and let me know what your GPU usage is on the graph on the right hand side.
Score
July 31, 2012 9:11:28 AM

Infact if you could post a screenshot of Afterburner while the problem is occuring that would be even better.
Score
August 2, 2012 3:17:56 PM

i use EVGA Precision X mate. Bump please!
Score
August 2, 2012 3:35:56 PM

Ok what is the load on the gpu while it is at 75 c?
Score
August 3, 2012 7:41:09 AM

HERE'S A PIC OF MY EVGA PRECISION X. SEE THE GRAPH BELOW? DO YOU THINK ITS NORMAL? AND AS YOU SEE EVERYTHING IS BELOW 50C SO ITS NOT REALLY MY AIRFLOW SYSTEM RIGHT?

Score
a c 173 Î Nvidia
August 3, 2012 10:49:30 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!