Closed Solved

HD 5570 shows wrong values in GPU Z

This is related to the following thread
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/356213-31-system-safe-upgrade

Ok so I have fixed everything up at the last though got an one last question. I think you already knew about HD 5570 so here's what GPU Z shows about my one.

ROPs - 4 (instead of 8)
Pixel Fillrate - 2.6Gpixels/s
Texture Fillrate - 10.4Gtexels/s (instead of 13.5)
Bandwidth - 25.6GB/s (instead of 28.8)
Shaders - 320 unified (instead of 400)

I have updated all to latest drivers and games also plays well...my RAM bus is 1333 but CPU bus is 800Mhz...And as long as I know G41MD motherboard has a PCI-E x16 2.0 slot but GPU Z state it as 1.1....Why?

And thanks so much for helping :)
28 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 5570 shows wrong values
  1. What does AMD vision center or overdrive report?
  2. Same values...Hmm I don't know why my card have reduced values...it is a Gigabyte one
  3. What does it say on their website?
  4. http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4093#sp

    http://www.hwcompare.com/7268/geforce-gt-440-1-5gb-vs-radeon-hd-5570/

    Chipset Radeon HD 5570
    Core Clock 650 MHz
    Memory Clock 1600 MHz
    Memory Size 1 GB
    Memory Bus 128 bit
    Card Bus PCI-E 2.1
    Memory Type DDR3
    DirectX 11
    OpenGL 4.1
  5. Well they do not specify that the card is different, I would contact their support and see what they say about the difference.
  6. No card is not different...I'm sure about that and I think something like motherboard or CPU is bottlenecking it from fully performing. I just wanna assure that
  7. It's not, the board has X16 slot and it should not affect the programs reading the architecture of the card correctly.
  8. http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/ [...] p?t=162567

    Take a look at the above link..it was the exact problem what i'm also having...my card is a Gigabyte one though
  9. Just takes me to the starting page not that specific thread.
  10. pasanwc said:

    Post 16 is the only logical explanation to your card! Looks like something that slipped under the radar at all tech sites!
  11. Yes shame on gigabyte for not mentioning it under their specs :(
    BTW I'm still looking for if some bios mod or something can fix this issue...looks like i just wasted my money for a junk :\
  12. Looking at the responses from manufacturers there it looks like AMD played this one on them.
  13. do u think this bios will fit my card?
    http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/80157/Gigabyte.HD5570.1024.100225.html

    My exact card
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4093#ov

    I'm really affraid to update that since I noticed that my GPU is different from what's advertised....if i do the update can it brick the card?
  14. It can brick the card, good enough reason not to do it.
  15. Plus 1 ^
  16. I'm already getting upset by this card....Cannot play NFS RUN on high quality with 1280x1024..game intros will slow down....
    And GTA IV runs on too low fps...like 15 to 18 on 1152x864...if I increase it to 1280x1024 game lags as hell :(
  17. Look!!!!! This is what I got when I contacted the Gigabyte support finally :P
    (Please read it from the bottom)

    Question - 1250934