Sign in with
Your question

What parts should i buy for a new gaming pc?

Last response: in Systems
September 15, 2012 3:01:09 PM

Heres the thing i want to build a gaming pc, but i don't want to overclock my pc i want to be able to play games in the year 2013 without any lag, What processor,motherboard,graphics card,ram, do you recommend, what harddrive, cd rom drive, sound card, power supply

i have diablo 3 and played it on the laptop but i had to lower the graphics because it would lag im guessing any processor with at least 3.0ghz of speed won't lag games

please tell me the benefits of certain processors and motherboards and graphics cards over others

i know that you guys are experts, tell me whether i really need certain parts or whether its a waste of money
LIKE I SAID MY INTENTION iS NOT TO OVERCLOCK SINCE I DON'T THINK ITS NECESSARY TO PLAY GAMES WITH OVERCLOCKING, and what case do i need?

More about : parts buy gaming

September 15, 2012 3:30:34 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: Before 2013 possibly october 2012

Budget Range: 800-1000 us dollars might be able to push to 1300

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Specifically for gaming and surfing the net

Parts Not Required: i have a 650w corsair cx600 power supply,i have a laser mouse and an hp w1707 1440x900 resolution monitor, i have a windows xp but not sure whether that will work for the newest games

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: well i have heard newegg.com is pretty good

Country: I live in the us im guessing they are assembled here

Parts Preferences: im looking for intel based computers i heard that the i5 is good for gaming and that i don't need an i7

Overclocking: no

SLI or Crossfire: i dont know what that is

Monitor Resolution: 1440x900 i have an hp monitor already unless you feel i need a higher resolution

Additional Comments: I don't want my computers power supply to burn out and i want it to stay relatively cool, i am guessing a good 8-10gb of ram will do for most games and a 500gb-1tb harddrive will do for storage, please tell me which cd rom drive you recommend and which sound card and which video card
m
l
September 15, 2012 3:43:59 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3450 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($192.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($102.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($379.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Antec Three Hundred ATX Mid Tower Case ($43.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $954.93
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-09-15 11:52 EDT-0400)

1. You don't need a sound card, integrated is already fine.
2. This build will max out anything for your monitor with no lag.
3. SLI or Crossfire means adding another graphics card to boost FPS. The motherboard I included supports SLI and Crossfire. If you don't need it, you can get this motherboard instead.
4. If you live in California or New Jersey, Newegg will charge sales tax and will take a big chunk off your budget. For that, use Amazon, NCIX, or Tigerdirect.
5. If you have some more money, I strongly suggest you get a SSD. SSD's increase boot times by a lot and can also help with game loading times. 128 GB or 256 GB would be ideal. Some good ones are:
Samsung 830 128GB
Samsung 830 256GB
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
m
l
!