Sign in with
Your question

Difference between corei3 and corei5 mobile processor

Last response: in CPUs
January 29, 2013 3:05:22 PM

going to buy a laptop for my friend for everyday use i saw that both corei5 and i5 have only 2 cores with hyperthreading so what's the difference between them?
a b à CPUs
January 29, 2013 3:15:00 PM

turbo boost I believe...
a c 105 à CPUs
January 29, 2013 3:39:07 PM

turbo boost, bandwitch, speed, multitasking capacity.

def the i5 is a better buy if u can afford it.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 30, 2013 10:40:07 AM

iceclock said:
turbo boost, bandwitch, speed, multitasking capacity.

def the i5 is a better buy if u can afford it.

i3 3rd gen processors are clocked at 2.4ghz which is same as i5 what about bandwidth can you provide the proof with a specs sheet?
a c 448 à CPUs
January 30, 2013 4:30:53 PM

satyamdubey said:

Differences, Turbo Boost and AES which are both absent on the i3.

Just no one know what AES is, it is an encryption instruction set which enable fast and secure data encryption and decryption. AES stands for Advanced Encryption Standard. It is very useful if you encrypt the data on your hard drive using AES encryption.

The AES instruction set basically allows for hardware accelerated encryption and decryption, therefore it is much faster than using software alone. If you do not encrypt the data on your hard drive then AES is not really necessary.

AES is also used in the WPA2 protocol in wireless modems/routers to encrypt / decrypt data packets. However, AES does not affect the speed at which data is transmitted / received.
January 31, 2013 12:08:25 PM

jaguarskx said:
Just no one know what AES is, it is an encryption instruction set which enable fast and secure data encryption and decryption. AES stands for Advanced Encryption Standard. It is very useful if you encrypt the data on your hard drive using AES encryption.

The AES instruction set basically allows for hardware accelerated encryption and decryption, therefore it is much faster than using software alone. If you do not encrypt the data on your hard drive then AES is not really necessary.

AES is also used in the WPA2 protocol in wireless modems/routers to encrypt / decrypt data packets. However, AES does not affect the speed at which data is transmitted / received.

i'm going to use my laptop for home and college purpose i will not be encrypting my data .can u suggest me a laptop within 550$ the laptop should surely have bluetooth,good keyboard and trackpad.
a c 105 à CPUs
January 31, 2013 12:28:07 PM

country of origin ?
January 31, 2013 3:07:54 PM

iceclock said:
country of origin ?

chennai-india but since my uncle lives in u.s.a i have asked him to buy there and bring it to me as he is coming here within a month.does laptops support international warranty?
a c 105 à CPUs
January 31, 2013 3:12:06 PM

unshur of that, i think the warranty is covered where u bought the pc originally, but might be wrong
a b à CPUs
January 31, 2013 3:20:13 PM

Since your uncle is in the US, maybe the below newegg link might help.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=S...
If your friend is interested in light gaming then do remember, that AMD A series cpu's will be much better than Intel HD graphics solution. HD graphic will however have no problem with HD video playback etc.

good luck
-satyam
February 1, 2013 10:57:34 AM

satyamdubey said:
Since your uncle is in the US, maybe the below newegg link might help.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=S...
If your friend is interested in light gaming then do remember, that AMD A series cpu's will be much better than Intel HD graphics solution. HD graphic will however have no problem with HD video playback etc.

good luck
-satyam

does dell and hp offer international warranty?
a c 105 à CPUs
February 1, 2013 1:08:04 PM

ud have to contact them on regards to that,

a b à CPUs
February 1, 2013 1:35:15 PM

yes there might probably be a fee for extending the warranty applicability in multiple countries.
a c 105 à CPUs
February 1, 2013 2:06:51 PM

whynot just buy in india be alot smarter and simpler.

February 1, 2013 3:54:34 PM

iceclock said:
whynot just buy in india be alot smarter and simpler.

i'm having a money difference of nearly 10000 RS (150$) compared to u.s and india.my budget is 30000 in india i could hardly get a lenovo 3rd gen corei3 processor but in u.s.a i could easily get a dell corei5 3rd gen
a c 105 à CPUs
February 1, 2013 4:00:24 PM

hmm, well it would be hard to get an international warranty as usually companies such as dell are mostly us canada, id recommand u get asus or msi or companies like that as they have more global warranties im pretty shur.

February 2, 2013 11:38:35 AM

iceclock said:
hmm, well it would be hard to get an international warranty as usually companies such as dell are mostly us canada, id recommand u get asus or msi or companies like that as they have more global warranties im pretty shur.

what about hp?
a c 105 à CPUs
February 2, 2013 1:20:37 PM

ud have to inquire unshur dude
February 2, 2013 1:31:56 PM

iceclock said:
ud have to inquire unshur dude

ok suggest me a laptop website is www.flipkart.com in india, newegg .com in usa.i will be using this laptop for everyday use bluetooth is a must.
a c 105 à CPUs
February 2, 2013 4:34:01 PM

maximum budget in rupees?

a c 105 à CPUs
February 3, 2013 1:46:30 AM

alot of these laptops for ur price range arent very good. id recommand saving up. since u wont be happy with any of these tbh.

a b à CPUs
February 3, 2013 2:03:38 AM

++1^ that is true. with laptops there is little to none upgrade possibility. what you buy is pretty much what you'll have to stay with for the time that you keep it.
a c 105 à CPUs
February 3, 2013 2:18:10 AM

yep, thats why it be worth saving up for something better. none of these are worth what theyre been sold for.

February 3, 2013 8:56:13 AM

iceclock said:
yep, thats why it be worth saving up for something better. none of these are worth what theyre been sold for.

i'm not going to upgrade anything . i just need a 4gb ram,bluetooth,core3rd gen processor,500gb hdd .what company do you suggest?
a c 105 à CPUs
February 3, 2013 1:28:58 PM

none of those have 4 gigs and a decent cpu tho.

!