Hi to all,

This question has been asked so many times. But I not do not have a
definitive answer.

PROBLEM
Each time I open any folder in Explorer, the view setting alters to Tiles
I have set many folders (those containing images) to Thumbnails, but they
still revert to Tiles
I have set BAGS to 8000

QUESTION
What do I have to do ?
--
Cheers,
Trevor L.

Trevor, next time in Windows Explorer click on View>select Thumbnails.
Then click on Tools>Folder Options>View>Click on Apply to all folders>Then
Apply, Ok

"Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi to all,
>
> This question has been asked so many times. But I not do not have a
> definitive answer.
>
> PROBLEM
> Each time I open any folder in Explorer, the view setting alters to Tiles
> I have set many folders (those containing images) to Thumbnails, but they
> still revert to Tiles
> I have set BAGS to 8000
>
> QUESTION
> What do I have to do ?
> --
> Cheers,
> Trevor L.
> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

Thank you for that.

But, I want a mixture. The folders with images should have view set to
Thumbnails. For other folders, I woud like Tiles or sometimes Details (this
is especially good for text documents)

I can never seem to get to this mixture. There must be a trick to it, which
I haven't learnt. Many have addressed it and I read them and try them, but
still no luck
--

Rich Barry wrote:
> Trevor, next time in Windows Explorer click on View>select
> Thumbnails. Then click on Tools>Folder Options>View>Click on Apply to
> all folders>Then Apply, Ok
>

> "Trevor L." <tandcl@homemail.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi to all,
>>
>> This question has been asked so many times. But I not do not have a
>> definitive answer.
>>
>> PROBLEM
>> Each time I open any folder in Explorer, the view setting alters to
>> Tiles I have set many folders (those containing images) to
>> Thumbnails, but they still revert to Tiles
>> I have set BAGS to 8000
>>
>> QUESTION
>> What do I have to do ?
>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Trevor L.
>> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

As best I have been able to determine, you can not mix views in a
single instance of Windows Explorer. I tried all the combinations and
posted them somewhere in one of the news groups. What you can do is
create multiple instances of Explorer.

Open Explorer & right click & hold on the root folder (C:) & drag to
the desktop. Create a short cut. Rename it Thumbnail View. Open it
and set the view to Thumbnail. Whenever you use this short cut, it
will present the files as Thumbnails.

Now Open Explorer again & right click & hold on the root folder again.
Drag to desktop & again create a short cut. Rename it Detail View (or
whatever you want). Open it & set it to detail view. When you want
the detail view use this short cut. Using it will not effect the first
short cut which will always display everything in Thumbnail even after
you use the second.

They can be open concurrently. You can do this with any folder, not
just the root and as many as you desktop will hold. I put my shortcuts
in the quick launch area for easy access.

The above process was developed after extensive research and help by
several experts, this is the only process I have been able to discover
which allows me to easily switch views.

Trevor L. wrote:
> Thank you for that.
>
> But, I want a mixture. The folders with images should have view set to
> Thumbnails. For other folders, I woud like Tiles or sometimes Details (this
> is especially good for text documents)
>
> I can never seem to get to this mixture. There must be a trick to it, which
> I haven't learnt. Many have addressed it and I read them and try them, but
> still no luck
> --
> Cheers,
> Trevor L.
> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

In Explorer, go to Tools, Folder Options, Views & uncheck the "Remember
each Folders View Settings" option.

Hope this works ....

Trevor L. wrote:
> Sorry to keep coming back on this one.
>
> But I find that each instance of Explorer still opens in the last view used.
> That is, if I open a thumbnails view, then close it and open one opened
> before as Tiles, it will be Thumbnails - that of the last one opened
>
> Clearly I have done something wrong in opening separate *instances* of
> Explorer . But what?
> --
> Cheers,
> Trevor L.
> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

Thank you so much. I have needed a solution for a long time

However, I tried this and I fond that some folders still have the Tiles view

How do I set "Apply this setting to all folders"

--

xramx wrote:
> As best I have been able to determine, you can not mix views in a
> single instance of Windows Explorer. I tried all the combinations and
> posted them somewhere in one of the news groups. What you can do is
> create multiple instances of Explorer.
>
> Open Explorer & right click & hold on the root folder (C:) & drag to
> the desktop. Create a short cut. Rename it Thumbnail View. Open it
> and set the view to Thumbnail. Whenever you use this short cut, it
> will present the files as Thumbnails.
>
> Now Open Explorer again & right click & hold on the root folder again.
> Drag to desktop & again create a short cut. Rename it Detail View (or
> whatever you want). Open it & set it to detail view. When you want
> the detail view use this short cut. Using it will not effect the
> first short cut which will always display everything in Thumbnail
> even after you use the second.
>
> They can be open concurrently. You can do this with any folder, not
> just the root and as many as you desktop will hold. I put my
> shortcuts in the quick launch area for easy access.
>
> The above process was developed after extensive research and help by
> several experts, this is the only process I have been able to discover
> which allows me to easily switch views.
>

> Trevor L. wrote:
>> Thank you for that.
>>
>> But, I want a mixture. The folders with images should have view set
>> to Thumbnails. For other folders, I woud like Tiles or sometimes
>> Details (this is especially good for text documents)
>>
>> I can never seem to get to this mixture. There must be a trick to
>> it, which I haven't learnt. Many have addressed it and I read them
>> and try them, but still no luck
>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Trevor L.
>> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au

O.K.
I found the buton to push under Tools | Folder Options | View

Now all I have to do is to use these shortcuts and prove to myself that they
work