Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Will I be able to run battlefield 3 and skyrim +record ??

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 27, 2012 7:19:19 PM

Ok, so I am getting a computer upgrade and I need to know if it will serve me well. I'm only 14 (soon to be 15) so I can't get a job for money yet :( . This is very important because it's the only money I'll get for a while. I am going to upgrade my computer with a better mobo so I can support some better ram (8 GB probably 1600) and a better GPU (Saphire Ultimate Radeon HD 6670 1GB ). I already have a x3 AMD processor (getting unlockable MoBo to see if its a x4) and will be getting windows 7 (I bought it with XP) thats around 300$ so this is important to me. Any suggestions or anything that I could do? I don't have more money than that but if something's better then please share. Thanks for your time! ~WhyDidYouJustDie~

EDIT:: I also want to run these at high/ultra if that's possible.

Best solution

July 27, 2012 7:22:03 PM

WhyDidYoujustdie said:
Ok, so I am getting a computer upgrade and I need to know if it will serve me well. I'm only 14 (soon to be 15) so I can't get a job for money yet :( . This is very important because it's the only money I'll get for a while. I am going to upgrade my computer with a better mobo so I can support some better ram (8 GB probably 1600) and a better GPU (Saphire Ultimate Radeon HD 6670 1GB ). I already have a x3 AMD processor (getting unlockable MoBo to see if its a x4) and will be getting windows 7 (I bought it with XP) thats around 300$ so this is important to me. Any suggestions or anything that I could do? I don't have more money than that but if something's better then please share. Thanks for your time! ~WhyDidYouJustDie~

EDIT:: I also want to run these at high/ultra if that's possible.

On which resolution are you playing? If its lower than 1600x900 then you can run it fine on high settings with that PC. I don't know how will it work on ultra settings though
July 27, 2012 7:32:44 PM

Definetally not that high. But I want to play with AA also and make it look good in the videos.
m
l
Related resources
July 27, 2012 7:37:35 PM

WhyDidYoujustdie said:
Definetally not that high. But I want to play with AA also and make it look good in the videos.

I think it should be good buy i'm not sure though. Get a HD 6770 if you can.
m
l
July 27, 2012 7:52:54 PM

If your cash flow is like that, why dont you give us your complete system specs. It would better help us suggest things to you. Most games can be played on dual core machines with the same performance as a quad core, so sinking more money into a GPU would be a bit wiser, but we are really just kinda guessing.
m
l
July 27, 2012 7:56:16 PM

DarkOutlaw said:
If your cash flow is like that, why dont you give us your complete system specs. It would better help us suggest things to you. Most games can be played on dual core machines with the same performance as a quad core, so sinking more money into a GPU would be a bit wiser, but we are really just kinda guessing.

Yea. He needs to tell us his whole rig in order for us to know what to recommend. Though i'm worried he may have a cheap chinese PSU and will kill his system for a few weeks
m
l
July 27, 2012 7:57:30 PM

Lazar_99 said:
Yea. He needs to tell us his whole rig in order for us to know what to recommend. Though i'm worried he may have a cheap chinese PSU and will kill his system for a few weeks

That's my impression. It would probably be best to buy a nice PSU on sale for $50, and then sink $250 into a GPU. BUT we need to see it all.
m
l
July 27, 2012 8:07:26 PM

DarkOutlaw said:
That's my impression. It would probably be best to buy a nice PSU on sale for $50, and then sink $250 into a GPU. BUT we need to see it all.

I think he meant 300$ in total, not just 2 parts lol
m
l
July 27, 2012 8:23:03 PM

Lazar_99 said:
I think he meant 300$ in total, not just 2 parts lol

Right, which isnt really feasible to build a computer for 300$. So if we can pick a couple parts for him to upgrade then that will have to do unless he could get his parents to spring for a new computer if he fronts the 300$ to pay for about half of it. 600$ you could get a fairly nice budget machine.
m
l
July 27, 2012 8:40:31 PM

DarkOutlaw said:
Right, which isnt really feasible to build a computer for 300$. So if we can pick a couple parts for him to upgrade then that will have to do unless he could get his parents to spring for a new computer if he fronts the 300$ to pay for about half of it. 600$ you could get a fairly nice budget machine.

Not necessarily. If his parents don't have money then i would recommend getting a radeon HD 6770 and a Corsair CX430 taking into account that he said he's playing at a lower resolution than 1600x900. I would avoid going overkill like a 200$ GPU, that sounds way too much for gaming at low resolutions and would bottleneck his X3 CPU and he did mention that he wants to record gameplay.
m
l
July 27, 2012 9:02:54 PM

You may be better off with the new Sapphire AMD HD 7750. We can get this in UK for £88.99 and all the reports so far are good. Although they look good, try to avoid the Ultimate models unless you have 120mm fans in close proximity to the heatsink. I am having real problems keeping my HD 6570 Ultimate cool in the recent hot weather.
m
l
July 27, 2012 9:09:28 PM

Finnafling said:
You may be better off with the new Sapphire AMD HD 7750. We can get this in UK for £88.99 and all the reports so far are good. Although they look good, try to avoid the Ultimate models unless you have 120mm fans in close proximity to the heatsink. I am having real problems keeping my HD 6570 Ultimate cool in the recent hot weather.

Good thing you pointed that out to him. The 6670 ultimate card only has a heatsink and not the fan. I don't know why are they called ultimate when they have worse cooling than originals
m
l
August 6, 2012 12:32:33 AM

Best answer selected by WhyDidYouJustDie.
m
l
!