Sign in with
Your question

Hard drive issues

Last response: in Components
January 29, 2013 6:30:56 PM

hey everyone I've been having problems with my computer and was hoping you guys could help.
I left my computer on overnight like I do all the time and once morning I work up to some beeping and the desktop being frozen. So i restarted my computer and i got a screen that said "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert boot media etc..." I unplugged everything hoping it was just a loose cable and rewired everything back and i got the same message with some beeps. I looked at my motherboard when i started it and i got an error 04 on my asrock extreme 6 MOBO. I searched and found no luck. Im guessing it has something to do with my Hard Drive as its not detecting it.
I'm hoping somone could help me, thanks

Specs:

Intel core i5 2500k
8gb PNY 1333mhz DDR3
Diamond 5970 HD GPU
Corsair 750w power supply
asRock p67 extreme6 mobo

More about : hard drive issues

January 29, 2013 6:53:12 PM

Hi :) 

Run a hard drive test in DOS...HIRENS CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive...

All the best Brett :) 
January 29, 2013 7:01:42 PM

I can't run DOS. Unable to start windows, Loads to the asus mobo screen where i can then go into the BIOS but after the asus screen the, "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert boot media etc..." screen pops up
Related resources
January 29, 2013 8:02:10 PM

Mcpepsii said:
I can't run DOS. Unable to start windows, Loads to the asus mobo screen where i can then go into the BIOS but after the asus screen the, "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert boot media etc..." screen pops up

Hi :) 

That IS Dos.... just BOOT from the Hirens cd...

All the best Brett :) 
February 3, 2013 10:13:13 PM

I got hirens boot cd and started my computer then went to DOS programs from hirens boot CD and ran a HD test but it says no hard drive detected. Im confused as to why its not detecting it as it detects other hard drives fine
!