Hard drive issues

Mcpepsii

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
hey everyone I've been having problems with my computer and was hoping you guys could help.
I left my computer on overnight like I do all the time and once morning I work up to some beeping and the desktop being frozen. So i restarted my computer and i got a screen that said "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert boot media etc..." I unplugged everything hoping it was just a loose cable and rewired everything back and i got the same message with some beeps. I looked at my motherboard when i started it and i got an error 04 on my asrock extreme 6 MOBO. I searched and found no luck. Im guessing it has something to do with my Hard Drive as its not detecting it.
I'm hoping somone could help me, thanks

Specs:

Intel core i5 2500k
8gb PNY 1333mhz DDR3
Diamond 5970 HD GPU
Corsair 750w power supply
asRock p67 extreme6 mobo

Mcpepsii

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
I can't run DOS. Unable to start windows, Loads to the asus mobo screen where i can then go into the BIOS but after the asus screen the, "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert boot media etc..." screen pops up

Hi :)

That IS Dos.... just BOOT from the Hirens cd...

All the best Brett :)

Mcpepsii

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
I got hirens boot cd and started my computer then went to DOS programs from hirens boot CD and ran a HD test but it says no hard drive detected. Im confused as to why its not detecting it as it detects other hard drives fine