I'm going to build my new pc configuration.
I'm a 3D programmer but I'm a gamer too. With this config I want to be able to play the last video games without any concession and get a great environment for 3D applications programming.
This config is inspire from an example I found on the web and I just apply some changes corresponding to my needs.
But I'm not sure that I made the right choices concerning the components.
So I have some questions concerning my actual configuration choices below:
- Can I get the full capabilities of my components ? If not, where/who is the bottleneck.
- Can I get better with the approximately same price or less expensive ?
- Do I miss something important ?
I planned to let NCIX test the compatibility but I prefer to prevent any problem.
- Power supply: Corsair Professional HX750W 750W ATX 12V 62A 24PIN ATX Modular Power Supply Active PFC 140mm Fan
- Motherboard: ASUS P9X79 Pro ATX LGA2011 X79 DDR3 4PCI-E16 2PCI-E SATA3 USB3.0 SLI CrossFireX Audio Motherboard
I would think about changing SSD to Samsung 830, Crucial M4, or if you want to use OCZ, their Vertex4. All are much better than the Agility.
That 680 TOP is a beast, but price is a beast too. Do you really NEED that power? Unless you are thinking of two for some high resolution multi-monitor set-up, it will gain you only about 10% over some of the good 670's, but costs 25% more. Sure you'll have probably the most powerful single card around, as long as you are happy with what it's costing you.
Other than those "observations", I would say everything looks good.
Thanks malbluff, I turn my SSD to a Vertex 4 for just 20$ more. About the GTX 680 I know that its costly but I plan to be quite for a while with all of this.
Thanks azeem40 for your advice, I will re-check this part