Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How to make the 3d work with asus VG278H and ati4870

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
July 27, 2012 11:44:16 PM

well i just bought these today but i can't make the 3d work well i opened the packege and then conected the wires and then opened it next thing i installed the cd driver that it came with and then downloaded a simple 3d movie and then opened the glasses and tried to watch 3d with CyberLink PowerDVD 10 but nothing i don't feel it !!!
did i miss somethign out ??? another thing shouldn't the screen emitter show green light??? because it's off i don't see green light in the screen emitter
my system spec is
amd955
770ud3 ver 2
500 watt pw
ati 4870 2x2gB of ddr2 ram
now what is wrong ?! well when i press the button on the glass it didn't make any light so i decided to grab the usb cable and try to plug it and when i press it shows green button but after couple of seconds it shut down by it self is that normal ?? does it need nvidia card ? can't i just watch movies and play games with my ati card ???? well i'm new with these tech any way and need help to make the 3d work help would be very apprciated on these
July 27, 2012 11:53:53 PM

Your video card does not support 3d. On the AMD/ATi side it needs to be a 6450 or better.

As for your monitor, it comes with the Nvidia 3d starter kit. Your best bet is to get an Nvidia GPU. It will be easier to setup and supports a lot more titles.
m
l
July 28, 2012 12:05:35 AM

damn i guess its time to upgrade gpu

well now i need good gpu with good cost , any suggestions ?
well i might upgrade cpu and the whole system in the future but for now i need the gpu to make 3d work and would be good for my future upgrade

m
l
Related resources
July 28, 2012 3:08:25 PM

I would recommend at the minimum a GTX570. Your PSU should be able to power it as long as it's a decent one.

For 3D Vision, you want the most GPU power you can afford.
m
l
July 28, 2012 5:42:30 PM

well i was thinking about gtx 670 but i can't find gigaye edition i like the cooler system on it but in here its out of stock just found gainward and asus direc cu but the gainward due its normal and not phantom edition and cheaper than gigabyte and asus so is these brand is good ?
m
l
July 29, 2012 2:42:58 AM

Any GTX670 will do. Regardless of who makes it, most are Nvidia reference boards. The only thing you are buying is the cooler.
m
l

Best solution

July 29, 2012 2:57:48 AM

ish416 said:
Your video card does not support 3d. On the AMD/ATi side it needs to be a 6450 or better.

As for your monitor, it comes with the Nvidia 3d starter kit. Your best bet is to get an Nvidia GPU. It will be easier to setup and supports a lot more titles.

As for your monitor, it comes with the Nvidia 3d starter kit. Your best bet is to get an Nvidia GPU. It will be easier to setup and supports a lot more titles.[/quotemsg]

AMD 3D will work on 5xxx series cards and higher. AMD does not list that series because it is no longer available in the normal retail channels. The big issue is how much are you planning on using 3D? How much for Movies? How much for Gaming? AMD is good if you want to tinker and experiment. If you want out of the box compatibility Nvidia is much easier and gives greater peace of mind. I have both cards and use a Viewsonic monitor and a PJD6653w 3D projector.

If Gaming is more important I would get a GTX 670 at minimum. The GTX 670 gives greater performance and is easier on the PSU. You seem to keep your cards for a long time and the GTX 670 is also great in SLI. When you need it a couple of years down the road(if you only game on a single monitor now) it will be a lot cheaper.

As far as branding, I do not think there is a bad brand out there anymore.
July 29, 2012 7:18:47 PM

Best answer selected by t21.
m
l
!